No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Ortiz had absolutely no business fighting ginger.
    Because he lost to Floyd Mayweather? Ortiz v Canelo made for a good fight and it is unfortunate that he got his jaw broken against Lopez.

I'm not a fan of either fighter but boxing fans are overly critical especially when they have an agenda ( If you're not trying to hype Chavez up to strengthen Martinez inevitable victory you have my apologies). At the end of the day before Ortiz fought Berto people were saying how Berto was picking on a Jr Welterweight who hadn't looked good in his previous fight etc. Ortiz put on a performance and earned his WBC strap.

He's in a similar position going into his fight with Canelo, truth be told I actually favored Ortiz in that match as he is a more proven fighter than Canelo. It is similar to Froch v Bute where individuals hyped Bute to win based on the fact that Froch lost to Ward ( Arguably the no. 1 pound for pound fighter) when Bute had done nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Because he lost to Floyd Mayweather? Ortiz v Canelo made for a good fight and it is unfortunate that he got his jaw broken against Lopez.

I'm not a fan of either fighter but boxing fans are overly critical especially when they have an agenda ( If you're not trying to hype Chavez up to strengthen Martinez inevitable victory you have my apologies). At the end of the day before Ortiz fought Berto people were saying how Berto was picking on a Jr Welterweight who hadn't looked good in his previous fight etc. Ortiz put on a performance and earned his WBC strap.

He's in a similar position going into his fight with Canelo, truth be told I actually favored Ortiz in that match as he is a more proven fighter than Canelo. It is similar to Froch v Bute where individuals hyped Bute to win based on the fact that Froch lost to Ward ( Arguably the no. 1 pound for pound fighter) when Bute had done nothing.
      If you think Martinez is gonna own Chavez jr, I think you're crazy bro. Real talk.

Ortiz has no business fighting ginger because Ortiz is a welterweight. I don't know if you've noticed but ginger hasn't fought any worthy ranked fighter in his own weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Man, Canelo is clearly more skilled. It doesn't matter the competition.

You telling me that you can't say that Gary Russell Jr. is more skilled than Marcos Maidana because of the level of comp? That's crazy.

Canelo's offensive arsenal is extremely impressive. He throws every punch in the book and their textbook punches. Chavez has a good arsenal too, but he needs to get in close where Canelo can beat fighters from the outside. He also moves better than Chavez even though he doesn't move all that well. Canelo is just a sharper puncher, it's clear as day.
        Russel jr/Maidana-Chavez/ginger is simply a horrible & I mean horrible comparo. Chavez & ginger are closer skillwise than Russel/Maidana.

Comment

As previously stated, Canelo is much "better." He has the better boxing ability, hand-speed, footwork, upper-body movement, combination punching, understanding of his craft and appears to have more love for the game. He often seems to be out there trying new things in the heat of battle just to see the results.

People act like the boxing public wasn't literally screaming for Chavez to fight someone before it actually happened. It took him two or three fights to even step in the ring with Rubio and he done so in an event filled with shady business.

He stops Lee in that amatuer sparring ring after gaining an untold amount of weight again and eating punches with his face for several rounds and now he's that next guy? They are using his name to get him leverage while the WBC protects him and he finds ways to squeeze into the weight division on the scales.

He may beat Martinez after a mauling but it will be ALL weight advantage. If Martinez comes in ready to neutralize that in a professional sized ring, he beats Chavez up.

Comment

If you think Martinez is gonna own Chavez jr, I think you're crazy bro. Real talk.

Ortiz has no business fighting ginger because Ortiz is a welterweight. I don't know if you've noticed but ginger hasn't fought any worthy ranked fighter in his own weight class.
            The hypocrisy in your post is hilarious. Ortiz has no business fighting Canelo because he is a Welterweight? In terms of physical build Ortiz is much bigger than Pacquiao and Mayweather, boxers you have slated in the past for not moving up to 154lb or 160lb to fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I don't care if Ortiz is officially a Welterweight in terms of physical build he is similar in size to Canelo.

Also I have noticed those things about Canelo which is why I favored Ortiz chances in that fight ( Assuming he actually shows up). Anyway he was prepared to fight a ranked fighter in his division however something unfortunate happened.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              The hypocrisy in your post is hilarious. Ortiz has no business fighting Canelo because he is a Welterweight? In terms of physical build Ortiz is much bigger than Pacquiao and Mayweather, boxers you have slated in the past for not moving up to 154lb or 160lb to fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I don't care if Ortiz is officially a Welterweight in terms of physical build he is similar in size to Canelo.

Also I have noticed those things about Canelo which is why I favored Ortiz chances in that fight ( Assuming he actually shows up). Anyway he was prepared to fight a ranked fighter in his division however something unfortunate happened.
              Fact check. If you can find anywhere where I said Pacman or Floyd should go to 160 & fight Martinez, I'll give you half of all my points.

The Punisher could fight at 147, either could have fought him at 147. Floyd, Pacman & Martinez has all owned titles at 154 & I've said they could fight there. You should not make up hypocritical conjure in your head & try to pass them off as fact.

Comment

Chavez has proven more than Alvarez
                he's stepped up his level of comp lately
                he's milked his name long enough, he's ready to get serious
                GB is just slapping the star label on Alvarez and babying him

Comment

based on who they fought i would say chavez jr is better

looking at there styles canelo is more technical and that may make it appear that he is the more effective fighter between the two

but who is canelo exactly out boxing to warrant the hype that he has the potential to get better down the line?

i really dont see anymore growth in canelo. he is as good as he's ever gonna be.

If canelo was such a technical fighter he would have been able to do what cotto did to alfonso gomez

gomez was frustrating the great technical boxer that is canelo and won on a very weak stoppage

but gomez against the flawed boxer/puncher that is cotto he is getting schooled

people over rate canelo abilities. what i keep hearing when they over rate his abilities is the word "potential"

based on his victories over j.cotto, m.hatton, r.rhodes, and shane there is no potential growth with this guy. each one of those fights were showcase fights in which he was suppose to win at the latest mid round ko, tko stoppage but he didnt
                  Last edited by 2120; 07-01-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                    based on who they fought i would say chavez jr is better

looking at there styles canelo is more technical and that may make it appear that he is the more effective fighter between the two

but who is canelo exactly out boxing to warrant the hype that he has the potential to get better down the line?

i really dont see anymore growth in canelo. he is as good as he's ever gonna be.

If canelo was such a technical fighter he would have been able to do what cotto did to alfonso gomez

gomez was frustrating the great technical boxer that is canelo and won on a very weak stoppage

but gomez against the flawed boxer/puncher that is cotto he is getting schooled

people over rate canelo abilities. what i keep hearing when they over rate his abilities is the word "potential"

based on his victories over j.cotto, m.hatton, r.rhodes, and shane there is no potential growth with this guy. each one of those fights were showcase fights in which he was suppose to win at the latest mid round ko, tko stoppage but he didnt
                    I could not have worded this better myself.

Comment

Russel jr/Maidana-Chavez/ginger is simply a horrible & I mean horrible comparo. Chavez & ginger are closer skillwise than Russel/Maidana.
                      The point is that you don't need similar levels of competition to assess skill sets.

Canelo is more skilled than Jr. and it's clear as day, the competition argument is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X