Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios-Abril Was A Worse Decision Than Pacquiao-Marquez 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atleast you could make a case for Manny beating Marquez, I don't think he did but I can understand why some people thought Pac won.

I gave Rios 2 rounds and those 2 were close rounds. It was probably the worst robbery I've seen. I thought Ottke-Reid and Helenius-Chisora were bad but this was an out and out disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing is alive View Post
      Waaaaaay worse. Pac/Marquez was competitive all throughout. This was a COMPLETE shutout. Absolutely nothing close about it. What a disgrace.
      I can't agree that Pacquiao-Marquez was competitive throughout. There were several rounds that Marquez completely dominated and if you watch the fight on silent with no HBO cheerleaders there to influence you, you will realise that there really wasn't any rounds that Pacquiao dominated or won clearly except round 12. Marquez controlled the pace and did more damage.

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
      Offcourse it was.

Pac-JMM was close and competitive.

Rios-Abril wasn't.
      Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Marquez beat Pacquiao in a close fight

Abril dominated Rios...
      Saying Pacquiao-Marquez 3 was competitive is like saying De La Hoya-Sturm was competitive. It wasn't. It just wasn't. There's no logic in saying it was. If you watch without the HBO cheerleaders desperately trying to influence you, you will realise that Marquez dominated the fight. He controlled the pace and landed the harder punches. Manny hardly landed any meaningful punches in their 3rd fight.

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
      Calling Marquez - Pacquiao III a robbery is PC for Floyd fans. That was no robbery. It was a close fight that I thought was a draw but a point here or there could take it one way or the other.
      How can you insinuate that only Floyd fans think that it was a robbery when you have journalists like Lem Satterfield, Steve Kim, Gabriel Montoya and Michael Marley, journalists who are known for being biased towards Pacquiao, all scoring the fight for the Marquez? That speaks for itself. I also remember reading that there was a poll in the Phillipines and like 60% of people had Marquez winning the fight. Again, that speaks for itself. Even the people who train with Manny (Amir Khan, Jorge Linares) said that he lost the fight. If it was really a close fight and really could have gone either way, then they wouldn't have been saying that.

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      Atleast you could make a case for Manny beating Marquez, I don't think he did but I can understand why some people thought Pac won.

I gave Rios 2 rounds and those 2 were close rounds. It was probably the worst robbery I've seen. I thought Ottke-Reid and Helenius-Chisora were bad but this was an out and out disgrace.
      I don't think you can make a case for Pacquiao beating Marquez in their third fight at all. The most common argument seems to be "well he landed more punches" but what the idiots who say/post that fail to understand is that boxing is supposed to be scored round by round and Pacquiao only landed more punches in 4 rounds. I thought that Campillo-Shumenov 2 was worse than Pacquiao-Marquez and Ottke-Reid. People should watch that fight. Shumenov arguably lost every round. I gave him two, as apposed to the one for Rios against Abril.
      Last edited by JK1700; 04-15-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

yes

rios hardly won a round

simmilar to lara and williams. williams hardly won a round.

rios hardly won a round. abril beat the brakes off of him

Comment

No shit, Sherlock.

Pac-Marquez 3 was a close fight, not a robbery. Rios-Abril could have been scored 120-108 to Abril fairly easily, and even being kind to Rios, the guy only won 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
            I had Rios winning against Abril, just because a guy is acting madd calm and acting he's in an easy fight doesn't mea anything to me, i thought all is punches were just as irrelevant as Rios'. I picked Rios to win on constant pressure and work rate

Comment

There is a big difference in the 2 fights.

In the Marquez/Pac fight, there was a lot of close rounds. It just depends on who you give the close rounds to, is the person that wins the fight. It isn't a robbery since you would have different results by flipping around close rounds.

In the Rios/Abril fight, there was about 3 close rounds. If you give all the close rounds to Rios, Abril wins by a big margin. If you give all the close rounds to Abril, then Abril wins by a shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                Marquez vs Pac wasn't a robbery at all, I thought it was a close fight and I scored it a draw

I had Rios winning against Abril, just because a guy is acting madd calm and acting he's in an easy fight doesn't mea anything to me, i thought all is punches were just as irrelevant as Rios'. I picked Rios to win on constant pressure and work rate
                :0
                No way, I found the unicorn... a person who actually thought Rios won.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

be scientific, douchebag

Comment

OP took this opportunity to bash Pacquiao-Marquez 3. Get over it. 90% of non-floyd fans say Pac-Marquez 3 was competitive. This decision was far worse.

Comment

Abril won 11-1.

Marquez won 9-3.

Both were awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X