Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd dodge Cotto in 2007/2008?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the hatton fight... he clearly ducked an undefeated Cotto. PROOF watch 7:15 mark

Floyd himself said it... I wont let boxing retire me, Im retiring from boxing.
    CLEAR DUCK MOVE... wait a couple of years & comeback after the division cleaned itself out.

Comment

Floyd turned down 8 million to fight Margarito and took 1 million to fight Baldomir. Shane did not DUck Floyd, Shane took the big money and bigger challenge @ the time, which was Oscar De La Hoya. Mayweather then Ducked Shane until shane was almost pushing 40. Mayweather fights the best welterweights when they are years past their best, and its sad because he couldve beaten them @ their best. I have never denied the skill of floyd, but he has ducked many fighters, and one last thing - his daddy thought Oscar won their fight, so did 72 percent of the public. Thank you.
      Last edited by laudium; 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by laudium View Post
        Floyd turned down 8 million to fight Margarito and took 1 million to fight Baldomir. Shane did not DUck Floyd, Shane took the big money and bigger challenge @ the time, which was Oscar De La Hoya. Mayweather then Ducked Shane until shane was almost pushing 40. Mayweather fights the best welterweights when they are years past their best, and its sad because he couldve beaten them @ their best. I have never denied the skill of floyd, but he has ducked many fighters, and one last thing - his daddy thought Oscar won their fight, so did 72 percent of the public. Thank you.

Go into more details here, please. And a serious LOL at the last part.

Comment

the reason for editing your post should be "im a dumb*ss" not spelling.

you have not a single clue what you are talking about. i stopped reading right there.

FLoyd got 8+mil to fight Baldo not 1mil you dumb****. Shane wanted no parts of Floyd when FLoyd was chasing him, DLH, Hatton, Cotto and many other. Shane was full of excuses.

kill yourself

Comment

Dodging or no dodging. They are fighting 5th May.

Comment

Oh really??

Well, we all have heard otherwise:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million".

That said, the only fighter that Floyd should've fought was Cotto early 2008. Mayweather was asked to fight Cotto late 2007/early 2008 and Mayweather replied with "Cotto's fan base isn't big enough". I remember being pissed during this time.

The point is, during this time, Mayweather never mentioned anything about Bob Arum being the problem. The only reason I heard he couldn't fight Cotto early 2008 was due to:

1. Being tired of boxing
              2. Cotto's fan base wasn't big enough.
              3. Transitioning to MMA.
              4. Rematch with De La Hoya.
              Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                always Arums fault because Floyds a bad business man!

[IMG][/IMG]
                He is such a bad business man he is making more than your idol. Your idol is making money off Floyds name as we speak. If Pacquiao leaves Top Rank tomorrow im sure the fight would be made easily. I really hope Pacquiao mans up and leaves Top Rank after the Bradley fight.

Comment

1. Was Shane pushing 40 in 2006? Floyd clearly calls out Shane after the Bruseles fight:

@5:08

Let's hear Shane's rebuttal in 2006 (after the Vargas fight) to Floyd calling Shane out after the Bruseles fight:

@2:16

Now, I'll ask you, who was ducking who; Shane or Floyd?

Comment

shane needed to get a tooth pulled or summm lol DUCK DUCK

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      1. Was Shane pushing 40 in 2006? Floyd clearly calls out Shane after the Bruseles fight:

@5:08

Let's hear Shane's rebuttal in 2006 (after the Vargas fight) to Floyd calling Shane out after the Bruseles fight:

@2:16

Now, I'll ask you, who was ducking who; Shane or Floyd?
                      Hey WTF do you think you are doing posting the truth around here? You can't post stuff like that you are only allowed to lie and post half-truths to make your story sound right.

Yes sarcasm!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X