Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: After Braehmer, I Want Tavoris Cloud's Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly: After Braehmer, I Want Tavoris Cloud's Belt!

NATHAN CLEVERLY aims to be undisputed world light-heavyweight champion before the year’s out after landing a shot at WBO title-holder Juergen Braehmer.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tavoris would spark this no defense bum.Cleverly is crap...he needs to stick to being a student,not boxing.He is as bland as a baked potato without the toppings!

DeGale is a much better talent than this idiot.

Comment

DeGale is exceptional from what I've seen but to call Cleverly a bum is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks that has the brains of a baked potato

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        Tavoris would spark this no defense bum.Cleverly is crap...he needs to stick to being a student,not boxing.He is as bland as a baked potato without the toppings!

DeGale is a much better talent than this idiot.
        de gale is better yes but we are not talking about Super MiddleWeights we are talking about Light Heavyweights...i admit cleverlys last fight was terrible but to be fair his opponent dropped out a few days prior to the fight and messed up his fight plan...watch the morat fight cleverly fought decent in that fight and is only 23 years old with 21 fights and is still learning...i reckon he will get better over time but crap he is not..as for tavoris cloud he should not get ahead of himself since he needs to prove himself in this fight against braehmer..

Comment

Cleverly has talent, just not a lot of power and he still gets hit too much. He isn't ready for Cloud just yet, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Keysor View Post
            DeGale is exceptional from what I've seen but to call Cleverly a bum is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks that has the brains of a baked potato
            Sorry man,I just don't see anything special from a guy who wants to be compared to Joe Calzaghe.He has a lot of flaws that I am sure he will improve on,but at the moment he is not ready for the world stage....maybe he will take notes from Joe's career and hang at home until he is ready to retire...

I consider Tavoris average at best,yet I still think he would kill Cleverly.He gets hit way too much and squares up on his opponents.Aside from having some fast punches,he really isn't special to me.
            Last edited by damned1974; 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
              de gale is better yes but we are not talking about Super MiddleWeights we are talking about Light Heavyweights...i admit cleverlys last fight was terrible but to be fair his opponent dropped out a few days prior to the fight and messed up his fight plan...watch the morat fight cleverly fought decent in that fight and is only 23 years old with 21 fights and is still learning...i reckon he will get better over time but crap he is not..as for tavoris cloud he should not get ahead of himself since he needs to prove himself in this fight against braehmer..
              I only mentioned DeGale because of the fact that they are 2 British up and comers.You immediately see the talent gap between them-like chalk to cheese.Cleverly is not adaptable,is flat-footed and squares up on his opponents.The Morat fight wasn't that great for showcasing a guy either-Cleverly got hit frequently against another plodder that spent half his career around super middle and was at a physical disadvantage..

If you take away Cleverly's best asset (his fast hands),what else does he have going for him,because it isn't a boxing iq or skill,at least not at the moment.
              Last edited by damned1974; 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

cloud would explode on cleverly & it wouldn't be pretty......i smell a tko.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                  I only mentioned DeGale because of the fact that they are 2 British up and comers.You immediately see the talent gap between them-like chalk to cheese.Cleverly is not adaptable,is flat-footed and squares up on his opponents.The Morat fight wasn't that great for showcasing a guy either-Cleverly got hit frequently against another plodder that spent half his career around super middle..

If you take away Cleverly's best asset (his fast hands),what else does he have going for him,because it isn't a boxing iq or skill,at least not at the moment.
                  the flaws are there indeed, him being flatfooted and not much head movement or power are just the few of them but he can change that like he mentioned about having new sparring partners and this time he will have a better fight plan..

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                    the flaws are there indeed, him being flatfooted and not much head movement or power are just the few of them but he can change that like he mentioned about having new sparring partners and this time he will have a better fight plan..
                    It will be hard to re-train someone who doesn't have head/upper body movement, power,squares up,and is flat-footed.There are too many flaws to fix with this guy and it will catch up to him.These are things that he should have learned long ago and it is hard to beat these downfalls out of fighters who like to trade....good luck on him though.

Comment

Working...
                    X