No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather "cook" Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    WeeblerII walks into thread. "He looked anxious until he knew he had Cortez in his pocket."
    When i need a laugh, i always look for one of his posts so i can look at his scorecard for that fight that he has in his sig LOL.

BTW, Cortez had a ****ter that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      BTW the other comment was someone saying Paul Truscott was going to knockout John Simpson in 1 round
      TBH never seen Truscott fight.

But the man has knocked a man before apparently. lol.

I boxrec-pro'd him.

I think I'm powerist, If a prospect has such a low-ko percentage I switch-off. Apart from Napa; not so much a prospect but he can't crack an egg, the man's a legend.

Comment

He looked anxious in the fact that instead of the fight being a walk in the park, it was easy work.. Did anybody see when he just decided he would start to use his jab in the 9th round? He knew he could've followed up with anything he wanted to...then look at the 10th round..

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
          He looked anxious in the fact that instead of the fight being a walk in the park, it was easy work.. Did anybody see when he just decided he would start to use his jab in the 9th round? He knew he could've followed up with anything he wanted to...then look at the 10th round..
          Hatton was getting battered towards the end of that fight for sure. Like you say though, it certainly wasn't early doors.

PBF was worried, he had a fight on his hands for a while there.

Comment

That was the gameplan, Floyd was very relaxed, moving slow whenever Hatton grabbed. The gameplan was to waste as little energy as possible and turn it on in the later rounds, easy to see. Same thing he did with Chavez, whenever Floyd decides to open up, he has gotten the better of his opponent. Just all depends on what he wants to do.

Comment

If you look at Floyd's body language he was very relaxed the whole fight. He consistently landed at will but he never followed up, I think because he was cooking Ricky Hatton so he could knock him out like the way he did. I think he also coasted in the De la Hoya fight too, to an extent because look how many times he hurt DLH bad but stayed back. If you look at other fights he always follows up and knows when to follow up on his shots....like for example, Mitchell, Gatti, Corrales, etc...
              E didn't fookin cewk nuthin. Where were is pots an pans? Where were is fancy fookin hat and a fooking apron that lewks like a nekkid bird? Fookin nowhere. I agree e fookin battered our Ricky but e din't do no fookin cewkin.

Comment

Isn't that the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
                  TBH never seen Truscott fight.

But the man has knocked a man before apparently. lol.

I boxrec-pro'd him.

I think I'm powerist, If a prospect has such a low-ko percentage I switch-off. Apart from Napa; not so much a prospect but he can't crack an egg, the man's a legend.

I would'nt watch much British Boxing if Napa was n't on.

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
                    Hatton was getting battered towards the end of that fight for sure. Like you say though, it certainly wasn't early doors.

PBF was worried, he had a fight on his hands for a while there.
                    I wouldn't say "worried".

Floyd was fully confident that he would be able to punish and wear Hatton out throughout the course of the fight, eventually knocking him out, and that's exactly what he did.

Sure, he must of had a few butterflies in the stomach moments before the fight, and for the first couple rounds, but I'd be worried for any fighter that didn't have butterflies before a fight. Fighters use the adrenaline from nervousness and transform it into energy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Preacher View Post
                      E didn't fookin cewk nuthin. Where were is pots an pans? Where were is fancy fookin hat and a fooking apron that lewks like a nekkid bird? Fookin nowhere. I agree e fookin battered our Ricky but e din't do no fookin cewkin.
                      Preach it to them

Comment

Working...
                      X