No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NBC, AIBA Involved in Rift Over Ringside Commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NBC, AIBA Involved in Rift Over Ringside Commentary

LONDON - Olympic boxing's governing body said it had asked American broadcaster NBC to cease its ringside commentary at the London boxing arena on Friday because they were disrupting officials.

[Click Here To Read More]

LOL That Damn Teddy Atlas hahaha

Comment

I believe that last quote in the article. Still funny... but sad at the same time. Poor sports.

Comment

lmao, like these officials do their jobs anyways.

Comment

lol.

Why allow any broadcaster ringside then?

AIBA are a joke.

Comment

truth hurts, maybe AIBA should clean up and shut up.

more people need to call of the corruption in boxing on all levels. bring that ***** into the light

Comment

Not Surprised knowing Teddy Atlas. He's a hypocrite who doesnt have a code. He will curse out someone and wish them death but if opportunity to work with them will do so in a minute. A low life druggie with no rules or principles..

Comment

When the Olympics were held in Los Angeles, USA, in 1984, The USA won 9 gold medals, one silver, and one bronze. I didn't hear anyone crying foul then. It took deliberate control of the media by the US to minimize criticism, so we really have nothing to complain about now. What goes around comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  When the Olympics were held in Los Angeles, USA, in 1984, The USA won 9 gold medals, one silver, and one bronze. I didn't hear anyone crying foul then. It took deliberate control of the media by the US to minimize criticism, so we really have nothing to complain about now. What goes around comes around.
                  Did you see the Shimizu vs Abdulhamidov bout at 123 lbs? That was blatant corruption on the part of the referee and judges. If Atlas and Bob Papa weren't commentating, the Japanese fighter probably wouldn't had gotten the decision reversed. The commentary did not benefit American fighters but it caused outrage with everyone following boxing. Their commentary was fair in my view, only corrupt officials would not want them on ringside.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    LOL...it took no Cubans, Russians etc. The U.S. had run of a softened field and an unbelievably deep team that year.

Comment

Working...
                    X