No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew vs. Chilemba Final WBC Eliminator in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew vs. Chilemba Final WBC Eliminator in Play

According to the Liverpool Echo, there is a strong possibility that Tony Bellew (19-1, 12KOs) will face Isaac Chilemba (20-1-1, 9KOs) in a WBC final eliminator on March 30th at the Echo Arena in Liverpool. The winner will receive a shot at the WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson. Both of the boxers hold recent victories over dangerous veteran Edison Miranda. Chilemba won a decision over him in February of last year, and then Bellew stopped him in nine rounds in September. Bellew-Chilemba sizes up to be a classic boxer vs. puncher matchup. [Click Here To Read More]

Go on Bomber! Easy eliminator and then Chad Dawson - Time to show yourself in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      Go on Bomber! Easy eliminator and then Chad Dawson - Time to show yourself in the states.
      I'm not sure it's an easy walk in the park, but I hope Tony does it. This is a decent fight IMO

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        I'm not sure it's an easy walk in the park, but I hope Tony does it. This is a decent fight IMO
        He looks a strong guy, but a look at his record suggests he's only been scheduled to fight 12 rounds 4-5 times or so. 9 KO's in 21 fights over mostly below par opponents. I'm not sold on him, but I think Bellew needs to step up in class as well, so hopefully a good fight; but one I fully expect Tony to win.

Comment

Chilemba should win, not sure he'll get the decision mind.

Comment

Bellew Vs Chilemba
            Crolla Vs Matthews II

And the likes of Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith, Scott Cradle and Tom Stalker on the under-card. Not a bad night of Boxing really.

Comment

huh; neither are "punchers"?!

Comment

I'm split on this fight...

Chilemba is a talented fighter but he had a disastrous 8th round against Vlasov and Bellew hits hard enough to cause him trouble. I think it'll be a close fought contest but can't pick a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                  huh; neither are "punchers"?!
                  Agreed. Think they have Bellew down as a puncher still.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
                    Chilemba should win, not sure he'll get the decision mind.
                    He should and I hope he does.

I missed Chilemba's last fight so Idk how he looked.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X