Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent "If your a fan of boxing you should like mma"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate sports that probably has a decent sized crossover audience. Just because you like one doesn't mean you like the other, but there is probably a good chance you do, unless you're the hardcore type that signs up to a boxing or mma forum... but for a casual fight fan, there is probably alot of crossover, although alot of MMA fans I know think boxing is boring/rigged. At least at first, until I get them to sit down, watch a few really good fights, and break down the science and technique behind it, then they usually become boxing fans as well...

I prefer boxing personally, but its kind of like a fine sipping whiskey vs just doing shots of JD or R&R. Both will get you drunk, but one takes a bit longer and is a little more for the sophisticated taste.

If i'm in the mood for knockouts and brutality and I want it to happen fast -MMA
    If I'm in the mood for a knockout and brutality, but I want to savor every moment leading up to it - boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
      Personally I am not a fan of MMA.

The standup is a joke.

I seen two guys fight that were so afraid of each others jiu jitsu that they stood up the whole time and it was just awful. This is how I see most fights.

Even wack ass Cain T-Rex Arms Velasquez doesnt help. I do care if its Raza doing good but I cant watch that ****.

These guys are supposedly "ultimate fighters" but they get KOd by the most telegraphed haymaker of shots.

Oh but they are MASTERS of rolling around with sweaty, hairy dudes on the ground for hours. MASTERS.
      You're kinda tunnel visioned but it is your choice. The reality of it is that in mma there are so many different attacks you have to prepare for that it does make their boxing look like garbage. The thing is when you throw a punch and miss you are very likely to be scooped up and slammed on your head. So the boxing aspect of it has to be reluctant in a sense.

Comment

50 said, if you're a boxing fan you 'shouldn't completely dislike MMA' not necessarily that you should like it.

MMA's okay, not something I'd go out of my way to watch.

Comment

If your a football fan you should like soccer

Comment

mma is declining because of the ground game, nobody likes to see that, thats why you dont see wrestling or jiujitsu competition on tv cuz its boring as fcuk
            but everyone loves the standup, thats why there is boxing k1 muay thai on tv, the thing mma has its biutifull kos

Comment

mma is declining because of the ground game, nobody likes to see that, thats why you dont see wrestling or jiujitsu competition on tv cuz its boring as fcuk
              but everyone loves the standup, thats why there is boxing k1 muay thai on tv, the thing mma has its biutifull kos

Comment

if your a basketball fan you should like tennis

Comment

He only opens his mouth to impact some promotional $ opportunity so this means he is probably trying to get into promoting MMA now lol. MMA is a combat sport sure, like boxing but I don't think you have to really be fans of both. The standup in MMA is ok to watch, it is cool to see people get KOed 24/7 since none of them have any punch resistance. But the minute that grabbing and holding/grappling **** starts it is time to turn the channel. All that ground **** is utterly boring as well, I cannot see how anyone finds excitement in watching men roll around all over each other looking for headlocks and arm/leg locks. I guess MMA is necessary for collegiate wrestlers and jiu jitsu practitioners to go professional in something.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    if your a basketball fan you should like tennis
                    Obviously MMA and Boxing are two different sports. But they have similar aspects. The outcome of the fights are similar, KO or Decision. They score the rounds the same. They're both 1 on 1 violent competitions. They both have corner men, training camps, weight divisions, etc.

Similar but Different. A better analogy would be Australian Football vs Rugby. Or Arena Football vs NFL football. (better would probably be Arena Football vs Lingerie Bowl football.
                    Most people will have one they prefer, but would be fans of the other, or at least be willing to watch if the match was good enough.

The Hardcore MMA Fans and Boxing Fans need to realize they're not in competition and they don't need to get butthurt each time someone says the other is in decline.

- With that, its not unreasonable to think there would be a decent amount of crossover audience. However, I think Zuffa has a monopoly on promoting MMA at this time. Unless he's just planning on doing something untelevised. I just hope he's not thinking about putting on one of those hyrbid cards like roy jones was on that once.... Thats just awkward.

Comment

I am a fan of both sports. I enjoy a good scrap regardless if its mma or boxing or kickboxing. I think a lot has to do with what discipline you have trained in. I have trained in all three, so I know the small things that go into it and thus I can appreciate all that.

Comment

Working...
                      X