Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    look dude you know exactly where he was going, and so did Lampley, thats why he stopped him. The point is don't accuse me of playing the rae card here. Larry's track record is proven
    You are playing the race card. Cause this thread is about Max fkin Kellerman but you come out here criticizing Merchant wtf is that?

In case you missed it:

People like you should be put on ignore lists so that you don't stink up other people's threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      No he didn't.Lamley's response and the context of the discussion clearly prove you are missing where Larry was headed. he was questioning Broner's flamboyance and he forgot about the symbolism of the pink.

true about clowning on floyd, but the fact that he has 50 years of criticizing outspoken blck fighters both in print and on TV does.
      Watch that fight again. Watch the Cotto fight as well. He does the exact same thing for both fighters. What don't you understand about it?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        You are playing the race card. Cause this thread is about Max fkin Kellerman but you come out here criticizing Merchant wtf is that?

In case you missed it:

People like you should be put on ignore lists so that you don't stink up other people's threads.
        In no way did I stink up the thread. I responded to why I can tolerate max, despite his lapses, because I'm tired of merchants crap. you then went with playing the race card without discussing the first part.

Comment

First of all I love Max as a broadcaster. He is love technical boxing as much as Larry loves blood and guts. Does Max have a fan boy in him? Hell yeah! That comes from the fact he loved boxing so much that him and his brother (RIP) had a boxing show on Public access TV. Max also frequents the local New York shows, so he does have a bit of a bias for guys like Judah and Berto, and the like. He is not perfect and there are better guys doing it but I really think he is an asset to the broadcast.

As far as Larry Merchant goes, it is quite obvious that Larry is a bit racist. It's not even worth arguing

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            He does go against the grain occasionally though. He was the only one of Lampley, Steward, and Lederman to point out Marquez was actually in charge of the fight during Pac-Marquez III. I also remember during Marquez-Diaz I him being the only one of the commentary team pointing out that Marquez was the one doing the real damage when Diaz was trying to batter him against the ropes, when the rest of them were masturbating furiously to Diaz' aggression.

Would agree with a lot of the other criticisms here though. He's a real company man.
            I did say usually behind the curve not always, but keep in mind both those cases involved JMM so was he just being a fan of JMM and got lucky or did he actually see something. Even a broken clock is right twice a day~

Also I would say a true boxing connoisseur should have seen that stuff, what the rest of the HBO crew says is not usually relevant either.

Comment

Larry Merchant is a fuking moron.

I love it when he got destroyed by fat old Shot Lennox in the post fight interview.

Stupid puta was trying to talk down to Lennox and Lennox just grabbed Larry's Mic and owned him 'look at the state of his face larry'

Larry better watch his mouth before I slap him so hard his dick becomes his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                His incessant need for comparisons is loathsome, though unintentionally hilarious because he almost always picks fights or fighters that make for piss poor comparisons. I'll never forget when he compared Paul Williams to Tommy Hearns.
                Did you see this week's, Emo? "This is EXACTLY like... [...] ... except DIFFERENT."

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                  Fool, he said the same thing about Cotto, when he fought Floyd. He was referring to the Cotto fight, when he said, "what's with all the fighters and pink now a days, am i missing something?" (paraphrasing).

Just because he clowns on your little poor boy Floyd, doesn't make him a racist.
                  Guys, hate to interrupt this "Larry hates black boxers" schtick (because he goes up against such likeable guys as a man convicted of assaulting his girlfriend and a guy who bites off ears... and I say that as a fan of both) but this is a thread about MAX KELLER****.

Get on topic of GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

In case you missed it:

Hallelujah. I went through this thread red King those who took it off topic and may have hit you up, sorry about that. I'll make it up on the next go round.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      I like Kellerman but "And eVANder HOLYfield is trying to CHOKE mike TYSON using his EAR."

lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X