No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik announced retirement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's crazy.

But in all honesty, if his heart isn't in the game he made the right decision. To be a boxer you need to be ALL IN. No point fighting if you don't want to anymore.

Best of luck to Kelly outside of boxing. Hopefully he make right decisions and not return just looking for a paycheck.

Comment

I wish Kelly all the best.

But I get the feeling that, although everything he's saying about his decision makes perfect sense, he's trying to convince himself of something he doesn't really want to do. I'm not trying to put him down, but it seems clear that Pavlik has some issues, and that's really what's causing the early retirement.

Whatever the case, I hope Kelly finds peace in his new life outside the ring.

Comment

i've heard that before...

Comment

That's the bit that confused me that he was looking to fight Ward but fair play to him.

If there's no motivation, then he's best off out of it and fair play to him for admitting it.

Definitely the right decision.

All the best Pavlik.

Comment

and to think he was supposed to be fighting in a week if it wasnt for ward's shoulder..

Comment

So now hes just making it official hes been retired from the sport. Tragedy.

Comment

Pavlik has money but he will probably gamble it or drink it away. The guy doesn't seem like the type who is good with finances, and he is a pretty bitter guy seems like the type who will dwell a lot and look back.

It's weird that he would retire before a fight that would give him another good payday and possibly revive his career, if he lost to Ward he probably thought it would hurt his legacy more, I don't think he retire for health concerns, I mean the guy is a drunk or used to be a drunk that would effect his liver, kidneys and long term health too. I think he copped out, probably felt he couldn't beat Ward so he retired.

I think he will comeback once he needs the money again, but you can live pretty well in Youngstown with 2 million in the bank.

Comment

Wanted to see him get beat up one more time.

Comment

Glad the Ward fight didn't go through. What a sham that would have been now that we know the bastard was ready to retire... Wish him the best.

Comment

Strange, I heard an interview with him recently and he gave no indication that retirement was even a possibility. Maybe he's been getting banged up in sparring and realized he doesn't have it anymore.

B-Hop did it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X