No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye-Povetkin: Alexander is Ready, Says Sauerland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye-Povetkin: Alexander is Ready, Says Sauerland

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23 KOs) will not find himself without an opponent, as unbeaten 2004 Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin (21-0, 15 KOs) is waiting sidelines to fight him. If the British Boxing Board does not approve Ruslan Chagaev, the WBA mandatory, as an opponent for Haye on May 21 in England, then Povetkin, WBA #2, is standing by and ready to fight. Chagaev's battle with Hepatitis B may prevent him from being able to box in England.

[Click Here To Read More]

Get rid of Atlas tho. He will run Povetkin right into the ground

Comment

I find it difficult to believe Haye will fight Povetkin.

But I do hope the fight happens.

Comment

chageavs not getting passed,might aswell just sign and annouce haye v povetkin now.

should be announced soon you would think,both would be going into camp for training soon,especially if they both want a good 10/11 week training camp with time still for tapering down the week of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
          chageavs not getting passed,might aswell just sign and annouce haye v povetkin now.should be announced soon you would think,both would be going into camp for training soon,especially if they both want a good 10/11 week training camp with time still for tapering down the week of the fight.
          Exactly!!!...Hayemaker knows the BBC wont pass Chagaev....just make the fight with Povetkin and save the bull****....Haye and Booth are the worst liars in the sport....at least Arum has a method to his madness....Hayemaker?

Comment

povetkin has some nice wins vs brock,byrd,ahunanya,chambers but we have no idea if he can take a punch.that aruh guy hurt him so im interested to see how he handles a haye bomb.there is the chance haye comes into this fight & makes a statement much like lennox did vs grant or golota,mike tyson did vs spinks,brewster did vs golota...haye could come in & crush sasha in the very first round.this would only happen if sasha cannot take a big punch.no one really knows what kind of beard he has.im sure this won't happen but i'm interested to see this fight.at the same time if haye gets careless sasha could very well take haye out....interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              povetkin has some nice wins vs brock,byrd,ahunanya,chambers but we have no idea if he can take a punch.that aruh guy hurt him so im interested to see how he handles a haye bomb.there is the chance haye comes into this fight & makes a statement much like lennox did vs grant or golota,mike tyson did vs spinks,brewster did vs golota...haye could come in & crush sasha in the very first round.this would only happen if sasha cannot take a big punch.no one really knows what kind of beard he has.im sure this won't happen but i'm interested to see this fight.at the same time if haye gets careless sasha could very well take haye out....interesting fight.
              I wouldn't be surprised if Haye takes him out in the first round, like McCline did to Grant.

When I think of this fight, I have images of Foreman KOing Moorer and Darroll Wilson's KO of Briggs.

Povetkin's former trainer Ulli Wegner had a good win as a trainer on Saturday as Yoan Pablo Hernandez won the interim WBA cruiserweight title. Hernandez has clearly improved since he started working with Wegner, after his disastrous fight with Braithwaite.

Povetkin should have stuck with Wegner, who has at least 30 wins as a trainer in world title fights, compared with Teddy's 1 win and many losses.

Comment

Both Haye and Povetkin would get brutalised by the Klitschkos.

And i'm from the UK, but i'm also a realist.

Haye never wanted Wladimir or Vitali.

Comment

Haye is too good for Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if Haye takes him out in the first round, like McCline did to Grant.

When I think of this fight, I have images of Foreman KOing Moorer and Darroll Wilson's KO of Briggs.

Povetkin's former trainer Ulli Wegner had a good win as a trainer on Saturday as Yoan Pablo Hernandez won the interim WBA cruiserweight title. Hernandez has clearly improved since he started working with Wegner, after his disastrous fight with Braithwaite.

Povetkin should have stuck with Wegner, who has at least 30 wins as a trainer in world title fights, compared with Teddy's 1 win and many losses.
                    good points but mccline hit grant with the first punch.grant wasnt hurt by the punch.it was a flash knockdown but he broke his ankle when he fell.it was an injury tko not a devastating punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X