No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Botha: Sonny Bill Williams Offloads Balls, Not Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Botha: Sonny Bill Williams Offloads Balls, Not Punches

South African heavyweight boxer Francois Botha is a devoted rugby lover and he treasures his country's traditional ties with New Zealand's All Blacks.

Botha said on Tuesday that his February 8 World Boxing Association (WBA) international bout against offload maestro Sonny Bill Williams in Brisbane will go a long way to winning the admiration of All Black fans both in New Zealand and South Africa.

"Sonny Bill's a master of the offload but the difference is that he offloads balls whereas I offload punches," said Botha, who has lost nine kilos in the past month as he prepares to ressurrect his career at the expense of the New Zealand heavyweight champion Williams, who is a dual rugby league and union international.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a final eliminator for the Commonwealth H/W title.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      This should be a final eliminator for the Commonwealth H/W title.
      I would pay a fortune to see Sonny Bill Williams vs David Price

Anyway, a good sign that Botha has dropped 20lbs, but in his last fight he was 275, so that'd put him at 255.

I'd like to see him at 240, but it'll have to do, hopefuly its not a set up job

Comment

I thought Sonny Bill was fighting Joseph Parker.

Comment

Botha just like Golata is another fighter that hasn't been relevant in what 15 years???? Just retire already!

Comment

I know people from New Zealand need something to get excited about and represent their local guy, but come on. This sonny bill guy looks like a clown in their. Just watched some of his fights on YouTube. If Botha has 1/10 of anything he had back in like 1996 left he will KO him in the first round. Whoever just said they want to see him fight David price or any other real prime boxer is crazy. He'd be killed. You can't be serious.

Comment

If Botha wins this(if he doesn't its time to retire)he will be in the top 10 WBA ratings. He has lost his recent fights but he's in all of them & is still competitive. One of my favorites. He's not broke, he just still likes to fight. If its not boxing then he'll fight K1

Comment

.......still can't help wishing Jonah Lomu had walked into a boxing gym first rather than onto a rugby pitch. Pity!

Comment

Working...
                X