Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight would you be more excited for? Donaire vs Mares or Martinez vs Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I really think GGG would give Sergio all kind of problems and eventually take him out, but of course there is no proof for this as GGG hasn't fought top class opposition as yet.

If I could I would bet on GGG to become next boxing megastar. He is full package and he's exciting. Among all rising fighters I am most excited for him.
    I'm not sold.

I think he's fairly slow with his punches and if there's one thing you can't be against Martinez it's slow. I think Sergio's movement would give him fits, not to mention his major speed and skill advantage.

Either a very wide UD or a stoppage for Sergio IMO.

Comment

Martinez/GGG for me. Simply because I feel that Donaire would kayo Mares in 6-8 rounds. Honestly want Rigo V Donaire more than Donaire V Mares.

Comment

deffo ggg vs sergio, i dont care for mares donaire much as of yet, much prefer donaire guillermo. off topic did any of you hear canelo dropped ggg in sparring?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I would say Donaire Mares because that is the bigger fight and the winner is on to fairly big things in the low weight classes.

Martinez-Golovkin is a very nice fight also, but I doubt it makes the winner a bankable star.

Based on purely which is the better fight without thinking about where it leads, I couldn't pick they should both be top-shelf contests. I could see Donaire eating up Mares but by the same token I could see Golovkin smashing Martinez but I think the guys involved are all close enough to at least make it a quality fight before such a scenario really took hold.

Martinez is already a bankable star (obviously not on Floyd like levels), apparently he's huuuge in Argentina, on Messi levels from what people say. Donaire-Mares is a mismatch.. Donaire KOs Mares imo... The winner wont be that much bigger name wise. Martinez has more to lose than gain though vs GGG. He's basically giving out a meal ticket for a big risk. Mares-Donaire is honestly the only fight that makes sense for both of them (Aside from Donaire-Rigo..but Donaire has much more to lose for even higher risk).

Mares-Donaire is a bankable rivalry..they'd probably be better off doing a rematch regardless of winner unless one moves up. Martinez has a few options and I very much doubt he fights GGG.

I think GGG would be more competitive in that Martinez at his age, size, makes him seem like he COULD get Pacquiao'd. Donaire is possibly the biggest, fastest, hardest puncher, and maybe the most skilled (only Rigo compares on paper) in his division. I dont think...fandom for Mares aside..anyone feels Donaire loses a fight to him. Id love the be proven wrong however.

Anyway, I'd love to watch both fights. ... But I lrefer Martinez fight a bigger name on his way out the game.

Comment

Donaire vs. Mares, ten times over. That's a p4p battle right there.

Comment

Two great fight but for me id FAR Rather see GGG vs Sergio

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Martinez is already a bankable star (obviously not on Floyd like levels), apparently he's huuuge in Argentina, on Messi levels from what people say. Donaire-Mares is a mismatch.. Donaire KOs Mares imo... The winner wont be that much bigger name wise. Martinez has more to lose than gain though vs GGG. He's basically giving out a meal ticket for a big risk. Mares-Donaire is honestly the only fight that makes sense for both of them (Aside from Donaire-Rigo..but Donaire has much more to lose for even higher risk).

Mares-Donaire is a bankable rivalry..they'd probably be better off doing a rematch regardless of winner unless one moves up. Martinez has a few options and I very much doubt he fights GGG.

I think GGG would be more competitive in that Martinez at his age, size, makes him seem like he COULD get Pacquiao'd. Donaire is possibly the biggest, fastest, hardest puncher, and maybe the most skilled (only Rigo compares on paper) in his division. I dont think...fandom for Mares aside..anyone feels Donaire loses a fight to him. Id love the be proven wrong however.

Anyway, I'd love to watch both fights. ... But I lrefer Martinez fight a bigger name on his way out the game.

Well Martinez is fairly big, and I should actually wait and see because he did just win his biggest fight so next time out in the US (which is mainly what I was talking about, I am sure he is very big in Argentina) he could show a lot more star power. I don't think however that Martinez is a big enough star to transfer that through a loss (unless the fight was sick), I am sure Golovkin would move the needle a bit in the US but mainly to boxing fans (he would probably blow up in Russia though). As for the fight I think Sergio is on the decline and is ripe for a guy like Golovkin, even Sergio at his best I think would have issues with a fighter like Golovkin because for all his athleticism and offensive boxing skills Sergio was still there to get caught and Sergio is certainly past his best.

I think Donaire can lose to Mares, Donaire is not a spring chicken and has grown accustomed to fighting old guys and a young, hungry, grimy fighter willing to do whatever it takes to win might flip the whole script on him. I wouldn't favor Mares but I could see myself betting on him over the right number.

Both fights are great though, I couldn't pick between them as I would very much like both.

Comment

Why would anyone be excited about the mares fight?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    am i the only one that thinks donaire handles mares pretty easily? im still failing to see why mares is so special. dont get me wrong, hes good, but donaire is light years better...at everything

anyway martinez-ggg def more exciting!
                    Naw, Mares beats him in nut punching

Comment

I don't think Martinez can beat GGG, and there's a lot more action at the lower weights. Donaire and Mares is the one i want to see.
                      If they both happen, i got triple G and Donaire, hit me up for a bet once it gets inked.

Comment

Working...
                      X