No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    I think you guys got it all wrong and I don't really like Lampley but he wasn't emotional about Pacman in that speech.

He was saying that JMM was always overshadowed by his countrymen Barrera and Morales and that he was on the short subjective list as far as people recognizing his talent.

Then he decided to turn from a boxer to more of a boxer-puncher, getting hit more, getting dropped more but at the same time always getting better until it finally paid off and in boxing's world today where the boxing public recognizes only 2 fighters in Pacman and Floyd as p4p's best, the world finally recognizes JMM even though he was always there at the top of the throne for many years.

This was a speech that I don't believe came from Lampley, he was reading it from the screen. It was too deep and too well constructed with a lot of logic behind it, and at that time I don't think Lampley could've pulled off a speech off the hip like that.

So while he was reading it, he got emotional because he had covered JMM all these years and maybe now it rang true for him what a great fighter JMM really is and how he has sacrificed his heath for a more popular image, better fights and most importantly the dedication of 39 year old man, going up in weight just to chase the best fighter in the world.

JMM in my opinion is still a featherweight, he looked too small at 135 and even smaller at 147. It just goes to show you what heart, skills, talent and determination can do for you.
    This. It was obvious he was emotionally happy for what was a finally realized payoff to all of JMM's previous years of hard work and determination

Comment

He's a fan, you have to turn down the sound during HBO fights. Even when Manny isn't fighting they find a way to mention him more than the fighters fighting

Comment

He did this when talking about Fernando Vargas a while back on a video I watched on YouTube, fighting back tears.

He's just a real emotional guy.

Comment

Working...
        X