Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

żJulio Cesar Chávez, Roberto Durán o Carlos Monzón?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Si alguien tiene que escribir tanto para probar su punto, no esta seguro de lo que habla.

Sí, leí todo eso. 50% de las cosas son opiniones, detalles y cosas para demeritar a uno o al otro.

Usar la derrota de Duran contra Joppy o la derrota contra Camacho cuando ya no estaba en sus mejores dias para comparar con la carrera de Chavez es totalmente ridiculo.

Cuando juzgan la carrera de Duran, no solo juzgan sus victorias. Juzgan su inteligencia en el ring y sus destrezas. Cuando enfrento a Leonard subiendo de peso, le gano. Cuando Chavez enfrento a un tipo tan inteligente como Leonard en Whitaker, perdio y la dieron empate.

Hay mucha opinion con datos. Duran gano su primer campeonato en su pelea 28. Chavez fue un titulo vacante en su pelea 44? Subio de nivel en su pelea 50 o algo asi contra LaPorte. Roger Mayweather ya habia perdido por KO contra Lockridge. No se ni porque utilizan ese nombre.

Chavez sigue siendo en mi opinion el segundo mejor latino de todos los tiempos. No se porque te esta malo que ocupe ese lugar cuando hay tantos legendarios. Esto no es que te laven la mente, esto tiene que ver mas con datos y no opiniones.

Saludos.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Come on man........you're gonna have to pay me to read all that shyt.

fu•k that! not even if he pays me.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        Si alguien tiene que escribir tanto para probar su punto, no esta seguro de lo que habla.

Sí, leí todo eso. 50% de las cosas son opiniones, detalles y cosas para demeritar a uno o al otro.

Usar la derrota de Duran contra Joppy o la derrota contra Camacho cuando ya no estaba en sus mejores dias para comparar con la carrera de Chavez es totalmente ridiculo.

Cuando juzgan la carrera de Duran, no solo juzgan sus victorias. Juzgan su inteligencia en el ring y sus destrezas. Cuando enfrento a Leonard subiendo de peso, le gano. Cuando Chavez enfrento a un tipo tan inteligente como Leonard en Whitaker, perdio y la dieron empate.

Hay mucha opinion con datos. Duran gano su primer campeonato en su pelea 28. Chavez fue un titulo vacante en su pelea 44? Subio de nivel en su pelea 50 o algo asi contra LaPorte. Roger Mayweather ya habia perdido por KO contra Lockridge. No se ni porque utilizan ese nombre.

Chavez sigue siendo en mi opinion el segundo mejor latino de todos los tiempos. No se porque te esta malo que ocupe ese lugar cuando hay tantos legendarios. Esto no es que te laven la mente, esto tiene que ver mas con datos y no opiniones.

Saludos.
        El boxeo es un deporte de apreciacion por lo cual siempre tendremos opiniones distintas. Coinsido con el ejemplo que das de la derrota de Duran. Por ejemplo, cuando Chavez era considerado el rey de los peleadores latinos y se enfrento a Laporte, nos dio una idea de que Chavez tambien era humano y lo lastimo como nadie lo habia hecho. Si comparamos ambas peleas Chavez vs Laporte y Sanchez vs Laporte, y solo nos basamos en eso se puede decir que Sal fue mejor que Chavez lo cual no seria justo. En fin, estos debates son de puras opiniones y nada mas que eso.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez iba hacer el mejor, sus habilidades eran de especial, lo puso a prueba unas pocas veces pero yo crea que iba hacer una leyenda mas de lo que es

Comment

Come on man........you're gonna have to pay me to read all that shyt.
            Thats why you guys are called mexicants, cause you cant do anything without asking for money.

Im calling you out brah! You want americants to call you lazy?

I read the the whole thing and unlike jtcs I think at least 60% of what he wrote was basically telling us about history.

I agree that talking about losses to Camacho when he was 40+ should not be counted. Lets not forget Duran fought till he was like 50 years years old and fought tough competition sooner than Chavez did.

I tell you what though, I dont like calling Duran the best latinamerican fighter ever when he got KTFO by Hearns in only two rounds.

I can see why would you think Chavez is a greater fighter than Duran using the "well he fought more titlists" move, but in that case Calderon could be better than Finito Lopez because he fought and beat more titlists than Lopez did.

The reason Im reluctant to call Chavez the best ever is because he struggled against an ex-featherweight champ named Juan Laporte, who is arguably the best iron chinned puerto rican in history. Still, struggling against a fighter that was four weights up from the only division where he won a belt makes me think the greats where in the lower weights (Gomez, Sanchez, etc.)

TBH Id rather call a latino who could actually box The Goat, Chavez Sr., Duran, and Monzón where more fighters than boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              Thats why you guys are called mexicants, cause you cant do anything without asking for money.

Im calling you out brah! You want americants to call you lazy?

I read the the whole thing and unlike jtcs I think at least 60% of what he wrote was basically telling us about history.

I agree that talking about losses to Camacho when he was 40+ should not be counted. Lets not forget Duran fought till he was like 50 years years old and fought tough competition sooner than Chavez did.

I tell you what though, I dont like calling Duran the best latinamerican fighter ever when he got KTFO by Hearns in only two rounds.

I can see why would you think Chavez is a greater fighter than Duran using the "well he fought more titlists" move, but in that case Calderon could be better than Finito Lopez because he fought and beat more titlists than Lopez did.

The reason Im reluctant to call Chavez the best ever is because he struggled against an ex-featherweight champ named Juan Laporte, who is arguably the best iron chinned puerto rican in history. Still, struggling against a fighter that was four weights up from the only division where he won a belt makes me think the greats where in the lower weights (Gomez, Sanchez, etc.)

TBH Id rather call a latino who could actually box The Goat, Chavez Sr., Duran, and Monzón where more fighters than boxers.
              was that necessary? i have read your posts and consider you an intelligent poster, keep it civil...

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                was that necessary? i have read your posts and consider you an intelligent poster, keep it civil...

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                  Its been a long way for him. He is maturing lol. NO te agites Huracan.

So Huracan you are saying that the latino GOAT should be Juan Manuel Marquez or Finito Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    Thats why you guys are called mexicants

stopped reading after your first sentence..................grow up kid!!!

Comment

So Huracan you are saying that the latino GOAT should be Juan Manuel Marquez or Finito Lopez.
                      Not Juan Manuel Marquez, his record IMO is overrated. Not because of the names it has, but because when he faced them and of the results of his fights. In win and losses, he has struggled.

A guy like Finito Lopez, who dominated everyone he faced (except Rosendo) has more weight into being considered the greatest in history, than a guy that was 50-50 in big fights like Duran.

And the point I think the TS is trying to make is that we shouldnt let americans influence us in deciding who should be considered the greatest latinamerican fighter in boxing.

Lets not forget that to americans the lower weights are relatively unknown, and its precisely the lower weights we have dominated. Even american experts have a bias against the lower weights thats why we have yet to see a #1 P4P below 135.

And lets remember that its much more difficult for a minimumweight to defend a belt over time than it is for a heavyweight, because at 200+ fighters are so damn slow a boxer like Wladimir can win a fight using his jab only, while at 105it takes more skills to win a fight. Its amazing how a fat guy like Orreola can have success at heavyweight when he's a 4 round fighter, and a another 4 round fighter like Shannon Briggs could become a champ. An old man like George Foreman could become a champ in the later half of his 40's while Calderon and Lopez at 36 are done.

stopped reading after your first sentence..................grow up kid!!!
                      I like to have fun once in a while.
                      Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X