Round by Round
    Forum
    Calendar
    Video Channels
    Editorial Staff

More Tickets Added For Sale For Dawson-Hopkins II
    Written by Administrator
    Wednesday, 18 April 2012 18:03

ADDITIONAL TICKETS OPEN FOR "ONCE AND FOR ALL: HOPKINS VS. DAWSON" AS DEMAND FROM FANS CONTINUES TO BUILD

Atlantic City (April 18)...Due to astronomical demand for tickets for "Once and For All: Hopkins vs. Dawson" at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, nearly 1,300 additional tickets have opened for sale so more fans can experience the intense rivalry between Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson in person and see Seth Mitchell and Chazz Witherspoon square off in a heavyweight battle.

Tickets, priced at $300, $200, $100, $50 and $25, are available for purchase at the Boardwalk Hall box office, by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 736-1420 or online atticketmaster.com.

"The response for tickets to this fight has been overwhelming and I can understand why," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "Hopkins' and Dawson's deep disdain for one another is very intense and I have no doubt they will show it in the ring. Additionally, the opportunity to see two American heavyweights, who are also college graduates, face one another is rare and very exciting. We're pleased to give more fans the chance to see this extraordinary event live."

"The fact that they are opening so many extra tickets speaks volumes about the interest and excitement about this fight," said Gary Shaw, President and CEO of Gary Shaw Productions. "I know Chad is ready and his fans will be behind him 100 percent."

Sold or given away? Because they were giving them away like they were covered in aids for their last fight.

Comment

To be honest...I'm a little bit skeptical of this. Shaw "sold out" one of his FNF shows, but really just sold them all to brokers who didn't sell ****.

Hope this isn't the case for this fight.

Comment

I don't believe it.

Comment

Im honestly more interested in this fight then the first one. The controversy and bad blood now makes it more interesting.

Comment

I could kinda see it. Hopkins is from Philly, Dawson from Connecticut and Mitchell is from Maryland. Those places are all in driving distance from Atlantic City.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Sold or given away? Because they were giving them away like they were covered in aids for their last fight.
              hopkins vs dawson isn't a west coast fight. no idea why they decided to have that fight in cali the first time around. i'm sure they only gave away SOME of them this time.

Comment

Another thing is the tickets seem real cheap. I don't know what they charged for the first fight but being on the east coast and being cheap, I can see it.

Comment

This fight sold more tickets than Timothy Bradley vs. Manny Pacquiao, I heard the Pacman vs Bradley fight only sold 3,500 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    This fight sold more tickets than Timothy Bradley vs. Manny Pacquiao, I heard the Pacman vs Bradley fight only sold 3,500 tickets.
                    They started selling tickets already?

Comment

Working...
                    X