No announcement yet.

Khan needs to get rid of Roach...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan needs to get rid of Roach...

His defence is worse than it was 3 years ago. His chin isn't the problem here. Sure it's not great, but his defence is non-existent.

Khan was busting Garcia up, but he was jumping in with his punches, which left him open to counters and looping right hands. A fighter with a great jab and reach like Khan doesn't need to jump in. He should be using his jab and setting up the right hand. And he certainly doesn't trade with a capable puncher like Garcia

The worst thing is that with the right game plan, Khan beats Garcia up like he did for 3 rounds, and stops him around the 8th. There was no need for him to lose to Garcia. It's all about tactics and Roach isn't getting them right any more. I had a bad feeling from the opening bell because Khan was jumping in and trading. I don't know, maybe his illness is catching up with him and he just can't seem to spot his fighters weaknesses any more. Any body with a brain could see Khan was fighting the wrong fight.

Khan needs Emmanuel Steward immediately.

The punches that dropped Khan didnt even land flush. One was on the neck and the other grazed the top of his scalp. Has nothing to do with roach. Khan just isnt able to take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
      His defence is worse than it was 3 years ago. His chin isn't the problem here. Sure it's not great, but his defence is non-existent.

Khan was busting Garcia up, but he was jumping in with his punches, which left him open to counters and looping right hands. A fighter with a great jab and reach like Khan doesn't need to jump in. He should be using his jab and setting up the right hand. And he certainly doesn't trade with a capable puncher like Garcia

The worst thing is that with the right game plan, Khan beats Garcia up like he did for 3 rounds, and stops him around the 8th. There was no need for him to lose to Garcia. It's all about tactics and Roach isn't getting them right any more. I had a bad feeling from the opening bell because Khan was jumping in and trading. I don't know, maybe his illness is catching up with him and he just can't seem to spot his fighters weaknesses any more. Any body with a brain could see Khan was fighting the wrong fight.

Khan needs Emmanuel Steward immediately.
      Virgil Hunter!

Comment

You could get a dream team of trainers in the corner, they still couldn't fix a weak chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          The punches that dropped Khan didnt even land flush. One was on the neck and the other grazed the top of his scalp. Has nothing to do with roach. Khan just isnt able to take a punch.
          Maidana, Peterson, and Judah all landed cleanly on Khan. He can take a decent punch these days and he took several of Garcia's. The problem is his fighting style and defence, which are routinely negated by the tactics Roach employs.

Comment

Khan needs to cover his chin like cotto does simple yet effective

Comment

I have to disagree. Khan firstly has a good chin, which I agree on with you.

But it was his attitude that lost him it. He tagged Garcia so much early on that he thought it won't be long before he's out of there. So he went for it and it backfired.

He could have stayed on his jab all night (especially after the cut and let it worsen before opening up more) and outboxed him for 12. But he let the moment get to him. I don't know what Roach said in the corner. Maybe he advised against it. But if not then Roach is much to blame too.

Comment

i have also felt that roach has done nothing for khan and i also feel like khans defense is worst than pre roach the only difference in my oppinion has only been the shape that amir has been in since being roach. danny garcia in my oppinion was landing some good shots in all 4 rounds but it may had been hard to tell because the hbo cast was on the amir bandwagon

Comment

Khans got a terrible chin. How the hell is it roaches fault when khan was already beaten by a c level fighter before.

Comment

A coach can only do so much for you. Roach is overrated, but fingers need to stop being pointed at coaches for everything. Khan just can't take a punch. That was his 6th, 7th, and 8th knock down of his career tonight.

Drizlane knocked him down once
                    Limond knocked him down once
                    Gomez knocked him down once
                    Prescott knocked him down twice
                    Garcia knocked him down three times

Guess what, Roach was not his trainer for either of those fights against Drizlane, Limond, Gomez, or Prescott. It was only for Garcia out of those 5 fights. Once people stop seeing Roach as some magician who can turn a normal fighter in to an ATG, you would understand Roach's success is all about matchmaking, not how good he is or how good his fighters are.

Comment

Working...
                    X