No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta: We Have To Bring The Fight To Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta: We Have To Bring The Fight To Vazquez

Undefeated lightweight contender Mercito Gesta (26-0-1) is currently training in the high altitude of Big Bear, California for his December 8th title clash against IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez. Gesta feels that Big Bear is the perfect place to prepare for his fight.

"The air is very thin. I think this is the type of work I need for a title fight," said Gesta who has been sparring against the likes of Joel Diaz Jr. and Aaron Garcia. "I have gotten great sparring up here. Joel is a great fighter and is giving me good work," he concluded.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm glad he get's it. He has to do a mares and go for broke. Vasquez does not have a punch. Problem is Gesta has crap stamina and takes long breaks. We'll see, should be a fun fight.

Comment

he wants to beat Vazquez? then look at the way mares fought,use jab and pressure all you can with non stop punches,thats the way to beat Vazquez,so gesta better be in the best shape possible to fight that way

Comment

Getsa should stay focus and cut the ring short for vazquez...

Good luck for the next big thing... he needs to KO this guy in less than 6 rounds...

Comment

Gesta has the right idea, but the wrong impression. When they say a guy is awkward, it means he really doesn't know what he's doing and a true boxer will beat him. Prince Hamed was awkward, depending on his power and little else. Vazquez is far from awkward, slick is the word. I give Gesta a good chance of winning this, but Vazquez can really box and Gesta needs to get these supposed defects out of his head. Train to fight the best, not a flawed fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Gesta has the right idea, but the wrong impression. When they say a guy is awkward, it means he really doesn't know what he's doing and a true boxer will beat him. Prince Hamed was awkward, depending on his power and little else. Vazquez is far from awkward, slick is the word. I give Gesta a good chance of winning this, but Vazquez can really box and Gesta needs to get these supposed defects out of his head. Train to fight the best, not a flawed fighter.
            Vasquez is not slick. He's there to be hit and squares up alot. He's not even particularly quick. He just makes good use of feints and takes advantage of openings.

Comment

Vasquez has enough pop, he just dropped a couple of sparring partners last weekend using 16 oz gloves. Maybe he'll use this power on Gesta? Hum....

Comment

Working...
              X