Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana To Retain His Title Status in Bout With Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana To Retain His Title Status in Bout With Alexander

The world championship committee of the World Boxing Asociation has approved Marcos Maidana's conditional request for his upcoming fight with Devon Alexander, which takes place on February 25th in St. Louis, Missouri. Maidana, the WBA's "regular" champion at 140-pounds, will fight Alexander at the welterweight limit of 147. Maidana (31-2, 28KOs) submitted the conditional request to ensure that his upcoming fight with Alexander (22-1, 13KOs) will not jeopardize his title status at 140. The move may indicate Maidana's desire to return to the junior welterweight division in 2012.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bahahaha good!!! I dont want spaceship forehead to gain anything. He suckz azz and he is annoying as hell.

Comment

maidanas gonna go back down to 140 and meet up with rios in the summer...hey i can dream right??

Comment

Still curious why Maidana chose to fight in STL in a 10 rounder guess just to try to outdo Matthysse

Comment

Makes sense, if Maidana has a bad showing, he can just move back down and keep his title while fighting @ J WW

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            maidanas gonna go back down to 140 and meet up with rios in the summer...hey i can dream right??
            i would love to see that too but arum won't let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              Still curious why Maidana chose to fight in STL in a 10 rounder guess just to try to outdo Matthysse
              everybody knows the matthysse beat alexander.maidana is doing this to trap khan into a rematch.if it doesnt work. look for maidana vs peterson in the making.

Comment

Despite the fact the WBA would sanction the rape and torture of their own grandmothers for the correct fee, I actually think this is good news.

There is a high probability that he’ll get robbed after all.

Comment

Don't know why everyone here thinks that Maidana will have a bad showing or will lose tuis fight? When Maidana puts on the pressure on Devon, Devon is going to fold faster than a 7,2 hand in Texas Hold'm. Devon doesn't like pressure (ala Klingon Tim Bradley). Devon will get into trouble with Maidana and find a way to pull a Judah (ala Khan/Judah fight). He did with Klingon Bradley, he'll find a way with Maidana. Sorry to say, b/c I really like Devon and his life story in the STL; but Devon has to find his heart for boxing; or else fall to his uncertainties when pressed in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                  X