No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Returns, Boxing World is Buzzing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Returns, Boxing World is Buzzing

By Jake Donovan - Floyd Mayweather returns. The boxing world is abuzz.

What else is new, right?

Well, quite a bit.

The undefeated longtime pound-for-pound entrant ended a 16-month hiatus on Saturday night with a fourth round knockout of Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It was Mayweather’s 7th straight appearance in the venue, though this particular showing – particularly its ending and the aftermath – created a world of controversy that will be discussed and debated for a long time.

Mayweather weighed 146.5 lb for the welterweight bout, while Ortiz came in at the divisional limit of 147 lb.

Ortiz constantly circled to Mayweather’s left early on, in search of a home for his power punches. Mayweather remained relatively stationary, but in his preferred range to shoot his jab and score with right hands the moment Ortiz offered the slightest of openings.

No such invitation was needed in a dominant third round, when Mayweather landed at will. Ortiz and his handlers taunted Mayweather before the fight, daring him to not fight in reverse, yet it was the 24-year old southpaw who was on the run as Mayweather couldn’t miss with his right hand.

The most dominant round of the fight to that point offered the appearance of an early and explosive ending for one of only two men who can rightfully claim to be the best fighter in the world.

Such an ending would be provided, but not even close to the suggested course of action. [Click Here To Read More]

Just from watching the sports media explode before and especially after the fight, my twitter and facebook feeds getting comments from people I didn't even know watch boxing...I have a feeling this fight did some crazy numbers...

Comment

not only will be floyd be labeled as a duck he will be forever remembered as a cheater. kinda like margarito

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
        not only will be floyd be labeled as a duck he will be forever remembered as a cheater. kinda like margarito
        You are crying little kid .

Comment

poor floyd a "f@g" a cherrypicker who needed to cheat against a ******ed kid. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
            aw poor baby. you're butthurt again. protect your butt at all times.

Comment

i woulda loved floyd's reaction if this happened to him. oh man i would gizzz all over myself watching that and replaying it all hours of the nights till my balls looked like a pair of raisins

Comment

Lets be real here, Floyd started yelling at Merchant because he didn't want to answer the next series of questions,

you know, the ones about,

Manny Pacquiao. With all of this talk of a rematch, its quite evident Floyd has never had any intention of getting in the ring with the guy who will smoke him.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  aw poor baby. you're butthurt again. protect your butt at all times.
                  no im not. i actually pity floyd needing to cheat a ******ed kid. people disgusted with floyd right now. and picking on an old man merchant for his next fight. its all good.

Comment

Good win for Floyd. Guess Karma bit Ortiz in the ass...

Can wait for the post-fight press conference.

Comment

Working...
                    X