Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Bute, Stieglitz Fights on The Table For Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Bute, Stieglitz Fights on The Table For Kessler

Mikkel Kessler's promoter, Sauerland Event, are still trying to decide which fighter is going to become the Danish star's next opponent. The two frontrunners are Lucian Bute and Robert Stieglitz. Promoter Kalle Sauerland has confirmed that offer has been recieved by Bute's side.

[Click Here To Read More]

gee i wonder who it will be...............lol!

Comment

I'd prefer Kessler-Bute, but fighting Stieglitz first and then Bute would mean a IBF & WBO unification fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I'd prefer Kessler-Bute, but fighting Stieglitz first and then Bute would mean a IBF & WBO unification fight.
        Thats kinda how I was looking at it. Then the winner meets the super six winner for all the belts....in an ideal world.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Exactly. Winner of Bute-Kessler fights the winner of Froch-Ward, for a major unification match for the WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, and most like likely The Ring and Lineal titles. That's 6 titles on the line for one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Thats kinda how I was looking at it. Then the winner meets the super six winner for all the belts....in an ideal world.
            Yeah, but I cannot see if the timing is right. If the s6 final is in November that would mean this big unification should happen in april 2012.

Bute fights Mendy in July. If Kessler fights Stieglitz in September a showdown between these 2 winners could probably not take place before January at the earliest.

And then a big fight in April... Tight scheduling. Not impossible. But tight.

Comment

Sauerland will probably pick the weaker opponent, Stieglitz, and stage the fight in Denmark.

How many people were there for Kessler's recent fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brouillard View Post
                Sauerland will probably pick the weaker opponent, Stieglitz, and stage the fight in Denmark.

How many people were there for Kessler's recent fight ?
                12,500. At the same night as the danish soccer team played a qualifier and the fight was shown on free public service TV.

Not bad for fighting a clubfighter.

Comment

Only someone completely out of touch with reality would believe there is even a 1% chance of Kessler traveling to Canada to take on the more difficult opponent.

Of course he's gonna go after Stieglitz, and hell no he won't have any interest in Bute after securing the most meaningless belt in the division.

All Kessler wants is a crappy belt from Stieglitz so he can entice Ward with the same unification offer that Bute will. Until he fights the bum Stieglitz he's not on even terms with Bute in the Super 6 winner sweepstakes.

Hell will freeze over before Kessler takes on Bute. Even if he beats Stieglitz, he's just gonna sit on his ass while releasing statements saying he should be entitled to a shot before Bute.

I will bet 100 million points that Kessler doesn't choose Bute and I will offer 10-1 odds.

If the fight happens I pay you 100 mill, if Kessler goes after Stieglitz I get 10 mill.

Comment

What I want to happen:

Fight 1: Bute-Kessler in October 2011 for IBF title

Fight 2: Froch-Ward in November 2011 (WBA/WBC unification + Ring Magazine/Lineal title)

Winner of Fight 1 vs Winner of Fight 2 in March 2012 (IBF/WBA/WBC/Ring Magazine unification)

Loser of Fight 1 vs. Loser of Fight 2 in March 2012 (No titles on the line but still an immense fight)

________

Kessler beats Bute. Becomes IBF champ and still is WBC Emeritus champ.

Froch beats Ward. Becomes WBA/WBC/Ring champion.

Froch vs. Kessler in March 2011 for all the belts (except WBO). Froch wins a close decision to avenge his only loss, becoming undisputed champion (holds 3 of the 4 titles).

Comment

Working...
                    X