No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Has Very Rough Homecoming, Retains Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Has Very Rough Homecoming, Retains Belts

Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez, Bayamon, Puerto Rico - Danny Garcia (28-0, 16KOs) had a tough outing, but banked enough rounds to win a twelve round majority decision over Mauricio Herrera (20-4, 7KOs) to retain the WBC/WBA junior welterweight titles. The scores were 114-114 a draw, 116-112, 116-112.

Garcia started off by coming forward and trying to walk Herrera down. He landed a few shots on Herrera, but nothing that appeared to hurt him. Herrera was targeting the body of Garcia in the second and absorbed some counters well on the head. Herrera tried to make it more of a slugfest in the next two rounds and used defense to get away from many of Garcia's big shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

115-113 Herrera and I was being generous

Comment

lol at people even considering Danny a Top 10 P4P fighter.

Comment

I was very impressed by Danny. He showed a lot of head movement and worked very well of the jab.

Comment

Biggest robbery of the year thanks Puerto Rico. You can keep your belts Danny we all know who really won.

Comment

Should have been a draw at least. Herrera worked Garcia!

Comment

complete shutout herrera wins all 12

Comment

Wtf?? Harrera got robbed. Golden boy is ****ing things up.

I'm a new fan of harrera he showed Garcia no respect and took his left hook away. The Garcia puzzle has been solved.

Comment

I knew it. Nonsense. Rios-Abril all over again. I compared this fight to that one.

Comment

I like danny but he lost this fight Herrera gave him a lot of problems thoughtout the whole fight 8-4 herrera

Comment

Working...
                    X