Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We're Back on 6/7, With or Without Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We're Back on 6/7, With or Without Martinez

Gabriel Peñagarícano, the legal adviser of former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs), says the Puerto Rican star is going to return on June 7th at New York's Madison Square Garden - with or without WBC middleweight king Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs).

Cotto has officially passed on a $10 million dollar offer to face Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on March 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - and officially made it clear, in an earlier article on BoxingScene.com, that Martinez is his main target for the June date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Martinez fight falls through, how about Cotto vs Kirkland?

Comment

canelo vs jcc jr?

lol jk

Comment

Martinez and Cotto are both great fighters and I would definitely love to watch them fight each other. But thinking about it, I don't know how Martinez is going to have enough time to prepare for a serious fight by June considering the fact that he won't be medically cleared to start training until February. I wish Martinez the best and hope that they don't rush or pressure him into anything so he may have a fair chance to defend the title he worked so hard to earn.

Comment

It'll happen. I read on RBR that Sergio said yes to the Cotto fight.

Comment

at what CW then? 156 perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by ElPerroBigoton View Post
              If Martinez fight falls through, how about Cotto vs Kirkland?
              Totally meaningless for Cotto but that would be fun as hell to watch. I would imagine Cotto would want a belt or a much bigger name for his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                Martinez and Cotto are both great fighters and I would definitely love to watch them fight each other. But thinking about it, I don't know how Martinez is going to have enough time to prepare for a serious fight by June considering the fact that he won't be medically cleared to start training until February. I wish Martinez the best and hope that they don't rush or pressure him into anything so he may have a fair chance to defend the title he worked so hard to earn.
                We all wish Martinez the best -- but to date is difficult to say what's "best" for him...

Comment

IMO Sergio won't fight him w/out a tune up...being off so long w/multiple injuries...when they do fight he beats Cotto, unless he's lost that much...

Comment

If not Martinez im pretty sure Canelo will be ready in june assuming he wins in March..

Comment

Working...
                    X