No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price vs. Thompson Rematch Early Fight Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price vs. Thompson Rematch Early Fight Results

BBBofC British light welterweight titlist Darren Hamilton (14-2, 3 KOs) retained his domestic regalia for the second time byt outpointing determined challenger and former Prizefighter series' winner Adil Anwar over twelve foul-filled rounds. Scores were: 116-113, 117-112 and 118-112 - all for Hamilton, who acquired his belt in a hard fight with Ashley Theophane a year ago. BoxingScene was in agreement with the second judge.

[Click Here To Read More]

I must say first that I know these boxers are very skilled and very tough compared to the average man, and deserve an awful lot of respect for what they do. However these British title fights between two ultimately domestic level fighters are so unbelievably boring when neither has the power to stop the other one without landing about 50 clean shots in a row. Quite often you have periods where they are landing clean shots on each other like some Gatti vs Ward reincarnation but it totally takes the excitement out of it when you know neither has the power to trouble the other, and the technique really goes to shi*t. And when those technique levels are not very high to begin with it really does become a laughable spectacle. Two well below average size men (usually) who work in construction during the week having a weekend bar brawl, not really entertainment I want to pay for.

Comment

Satchell didn't deserve to win that.

Comment

What a dorky lead up to the main event. What the hell is this?

Comment

^

No kidding. Probably the worst pre-fight entertainment I've seen.

Comment

Price gave up. What a shame.

Comment

It wasn't the fact that Price lost but the way he lost. The way he lost was bad, real bad, I expect Fury to start crowing any second.

Comment

Tony drops the F bomb on British TV, Tony you my man.

Comment

funny fight..........Price has some potential but he fights stupid

Comment

Gave Price the benefit of the doubt first time but can't now. He looked very poor and gassed after just 4 rds.

Comment

Working...
                    X