Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was the bigger robbery? Whitaker-JCC or Lewis-Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which was the bigger robbery? Whitaker-JCC or Lewis-Holyfield?

Discuss...
    Whitaker-Chavez
    43.75%
    Lewis-Holyfield
    56.25%

I think they are even, Holyfield-Lewis was for the heavyweight championship of the world while Whitaker-Chavez was for the pound for pound number 1 spot, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Holyfield-Lewis.

Comment

I'd say Whitaker-Chavez because Lewis got a chance to do it again. Whitaker didn't.

Comment

Lewis-Holyfield I

There were more close rounds in Chavez-Whitaker. I also gave Lewis more rounds (9) than I did Whitaker (8).

Nelson-Fenech I was a worse draw IMO than Chavez-Whitaker.

The first half of Chavez-Whitaker was pretty competitive, then Whitaker took over. With the exception of round 3, Lewis pretty much kicked Holyfield's ass throughout the fight.

Comment

Pea was robbed, raped, and left for dead by those judges. This ain't even close.

Comment

I was just watching round 5 of Holyfield-Lewis I and yet one of the judges manages to give Holyfield that round

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
              I was just watching round 5 of Holyfield-Lewis I and yet one of the judges manages to give Holyfield that round
              Eugenia Williams. She's horrible. She scored that fight for Holyfield.

Whitaker-Chavez is an overrated robbery in terms of injustice. It was certainly a bad decision, but I've seen much worse miscarriages of justice in prizefights.

It wouldn't make my top 10 most ridiculous robberies, but Lewis-Holyfield 1 would.

Comment

Holy vs Lewis

That was the worst robbery I have ever seen.

Comment

I'll say Lewis-Holyfield since I've seen some interviews with the judges explaining why they scored that fight the way they did.

None of the answers were sensible which makes me believe that the decision was 'fixed' in some way.

The judges may not have been paid off but why would they have inexperienced judges scoring one of the most important heavyweight fights of recent times?

"I feel sorry for myself. I've taken so much stick. But I feel even more sorry for Lennox." - British judge Larry O'Connell (who scored the fight 115-115)
                  I wonder what that's supposed to mean.

The second fight was actually closer but the scores were much wider in Lewis' favour.

Comment

chavez hardly touched whitaker the entire fight and got a draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X