Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Not Bothered By Critics of Showtime Relationship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Not Bothered By Critics of Showtime Relationship

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is not paying attention to the promoters, and the writers, who are criticizing his business relationship with Showtime.

Schaefer is no stranger to being criticized over a business deal with a television network. When he made an output deal with HBO, under the reign of former HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg - both Golden Boy and Greenburg were under heavy fire by other promoters and certain members of the press.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"When King and Arum, in the1920's" bam shots fired shot fired. I love Shafer. Keep taking on them wrinkled on prunes.

Comment

I simply cannot believed showtime sold out & is really putting the worthless fight which is ginger-Lopez on their network. Showtime usually doesn't put up with bogus mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I simply cannot believed showtime sold out & is really putting the worthless fight which is ginger-Lopez on their network. Showtime usually doesn't put up with bogus mismatches.
        I don't blame Showtime for showing Canelo Lopez at all. Lopez is undersized but it should be a good action fight as long as it lasts. I can think of way worse mismatches that have graced the airwaves of Showtime championship boxing in recent years. How about Antonio Tarver vs Elvin Muriqui and Danny Santiago? And then there was a shot Diego Corrales climbing two weight divisions to face Joshua Clottey. Oh, and didn't Bute beat down some dude named Brian McGee

Comment

When Cain and Abel fought..... the thing is Don King had all the networks in the old testament

Comment

Boxing Media

The boxing media does not hold these dirt bags (Schaffer, DiBella, Arum, Shaw, HBO) accountable. Ask the real questions: "Would you subject your fighters to year 'round drug testing? Why or why not?" "Do you match-up fighters according to the Sanctioning-Body rankings? Why or why not?" "Do you agree with mandatory challengers? Why or why not?"

Comment

The problem isnt that they buy all your fights, its that they buy "crap" from you. That pretty much sums it up in my opinion. Am sure most would agree.

Comment

it's Espinoza, you make a former GBP guy your head and that's what you'll get. Greenburg destroyed HBO but the constant Golden Boy and Haymon knob slobbing and now they've just moved shop to Showtime.

if Al Bernstien starts to shill for Canelo vs Lopez, then Showtime Boxing is over, it will just be a Golden Boy PR department.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  I don't blame Showtime for showing Canelo Lopez at all. Lopez is undersized but it should be a good action fight as long as it lasts. I can think of way worse mismatches that have graced the airwaves of Showtime championship boxing in recent years. How about Antonio Tarver vs Elvin Muriqui and Danny Santiago? And then there was a shot Diego Corrales climbing two weight divisions to face Joshua Clottey. Oh, and didn't Bute beat down some dude named Brian McGee
                  The bold, it was supposed to be a showcase for Corrales, wasn't it?? No one knew that Clottey was too much for him pre-fight. (except for die hard fans, like us). The rest were fighters in the other's weight class. But this fight is worse than them all. And head to head showtime has always had more competitive fights than hbo, always.

Comment

lol Schaefer is a G... dude knows his business better than anyoine else... it no surprise mayweather said he loves richard and wishes every promoter worked like him...

mayweather is a boxing icon, all up-coming boxers ask him questions and he's said before he tells them to talk to schaefer...

as far as fights are concerned, showtime has shown way better fights this year than hbo, thats a fact

Comment

Working...
                    X