Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..Let's Be Honest, Machida Was Robbed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..Let's Be Honest, Machida Was Robbed...

The first round could have gone either way, but realistically, Machida had more clean connects to the leg, had just as much as Rampage did in the clinches and you have to score for his defense.

The second round was close, but realistically, could have been the only round Rampage could have won and it was mainly due to the uppercut in the center of the cage and because Machida did less.

The third round wasn't even close. Machida had him hurt, had some knees, some leg kicks, a few high kicks and took him down two times. Rampage... did nothing. Even during his flurry before the first take down, he was smothered and then got taken down.

Even for his patented Rampage slam, he was countered. Regardless, Rampage was a gracious "winner" but I think that the rematch would go the same way with Machida getting the ACTUAL win.

No robbery tonight, just a very close fight. Coulda gone either way.

Machida seemed a bit timid, but he picked his shots. After such a brutal KO loss his last time out, I wasn't really surprised that Machida was a bit gun shy. He will do better in his next fight.

Comment

What comes around goes around...

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
        What comes around goes around...
        That would only make sense if the judges that scored the first Shogun fight were screwed in some way. Machida admitted it was a close fight and gave him a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
          No robbery tonight, just a very close fight. Coulda gone either way.

Machida seemed a bit timid, but he picked his shots. After such a brutal KO loss his last time out, I wasn't really surprised that Machida was a bit gun shy. He will do better in his next fight.
          It wasn't really a close fight. If you look at connects, clean hits and better technique and defense. As well as most effective in terms of in the clinches and the take downs. Not to mention counters. Realistically, what did Rampage do outside of an uppercut in the second round?

Comment

More than run backwards, which is why most people with eyeballs had him winning the first 2 rounds.....

Comment

rd1: neither did any damage, page was agressor. 10-9 page
              rd2: nothing besides a page td and an upppercut combo. 10-9 page.

rd3: no dispute, Machida wins 10-9, but was not able to do any damage from mount.

29-28 page.

Comment

Who cares about aggression? If you don't do anything, who the hell cares? Machida had the fight going his way. He landed more leg kicks and Rampage got nothing done in the first round.

To me, that round is clearly Machidas. Rampage isn't afraid to be a bit cocky. If even he admits that he got his ass whooped and that he lost the fight.... C'mon, people. Machida won.

Comment

It was a close fight. A robbery is when the other person "clearly" won. The first round could have went either way(very close round). 2nd round to Rampage, 3rd to Machida. 2 judges scored the first round for Rampage, 1 scored it for Machida. It happens, but that is NOT a robbery my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
                    Who cares about aggression? If you don't do anything, who the hell cares? Machida had the fight going his way. He landed more leg kicks and Rampage got nothing done in the first round.

To me, that round is clearly Machidas. Rampage isn't afraid to be a bit cocky. If even he admits that he got his ass whooped and that he lost the fight.... C'mon, people. Machida won.
                    The rules care about aggression.

. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the following criteria:
                    -Clean Strikes
                    -Effective Grappling
                    -Octagon Control
                    -Effective Aggressiveness

Comment

Working...
                    X