pac rules, i want to see him kayo morrales

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
      ys he gave morales a good fight
      but ultimatly he couldnt do enough

as far as harrison i agree
      he could go some decent rounds
      but i dont think he has enough to beat any of the kings at featherweight
      IMO Harrison is a average boxer, he's not 10 on skill but he's top 5 on phsyical ability. He would be very lucky to beat any of the top guys.

Chi wasnt good enough to beat Morales but nobodys ever beat Morales(i think he won Morales vs Barrera 2)

Styles make fights, Chi's style would cause anyone problems so i wouldnt be suprised if he beats a top fighter, he probably wont though.

Comment

I think Harrison could take Chi, Brodie hurt him and Harrison's a naturally bigger and stronger(though less skillfull) man than Brodie who was a natural super bantam and Chi was dropped and hurt in his last fight against an unknown so maybe he's on the slide but it would be a brawl from start to finish, I reckon Harrison's just that bit fresher. Marquez & Pacquiao I would put in as heavy favourite's against Harrison, he's struggled in the past with southpaws and his style is probably tailor made for Marquez but Chi suits him down to the ground, great fight so I hope it comes off barring any nonsense this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
          I think Harrison could take Chi, Brodie hurt him and Harrison's a naturally bigger and stronger(though less skillfull) man than Brodie who was a natural super bantam and Chi was dropped and hurt in his last fight against an unknown so maybe he's on the slide but it would be a brawl from start to finish, I reckon Harrison's just that bit fresher. Marquez & Pacquiao I would put in as heavy favourite's against Harrison, he's struggled in the past with southpaws and his style is probably tailor made for Marquez but Chi suits him down to the ground, great fight so I hope it comes off barring any nonsense this Friday.
          Harrison is a lot bigger than Brodie but i dont think the punching power is that different, Brodie can punch for a little guy.

I had Brodie winning the first Chi fight by 1 point but i think Harrison could do better because his strength and chin are better than brodies, plus Brodie gets bad face damage, Harrison does cut but i have never seen anyone swell up as bad a brodie does.

I'd be 50/50 on the Chi vs Harrison fight but i'd say Chi has better chance against the other top fighters because of styles.

Comment

Originally posted by dansweeney
            pac rules, i want to see him kayo morrales
            Not gonna happen. I love Pac more than most fans, but there's no way he knocks out Morales. Morales is too big, his chin is too strong. Yes, I know, I know, Morales started out at 122. But Pac started out at 112. Although he should have at least gotten the decision in the Marquez fight, and a first round stoppage probably could have been justified, I don't think he can beat Morales. The other reason is that although Manny beat Barrera, an important point that has to be made is that he beat a slick-boxing Barrera who had lost most of his fire. Not so with Morales, who has always been a smooth counterpuncher who wasn't afraid to mix it up. It would be a great fight, but Pacquiao cannot beat Erik.

Comment

Originally posted by stu
              I think Chi v. Pacquiao fight could be absolutely great.

I would have to go for Manny though because Chi seemed to stuggle a bit in his last fight (sorry, can't remeber the Japanese guys name), and it may be he cannot take a punch quite like he used to.
              Eichi Sugama. KO 10. He was knocked down in the seventh, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mai.pen.rai.krap
                Expect a Chi-Harrison fight next year. It's going to be a war!

...winner

takes on the winner of the Pacquiao-Marquez rematch.

...interesting!
                Yeh, dude, that would be hot. Especially if Pac tested the waters at 130 against Morales and finds they're too hot, and so has to drop back down. Meanwhile Morales beats Chavez even more convincingly and goes up in weight one more time where he takes on...anyone, they'd all make great fights. Of course, this is all assuming Morales gets by Barrera. I for one think he stops him this time.

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
                  ya right dream on
                  winner of JMM-Pac
                  will prolly take on winner of Morales-MAB
                  chi and harrison are table scraps
                  maybe be good but just not at level as those guys
                  yeah right, dream on.

Morales retires Barrera...could "prolly" fight Pacquiao if Pac wins, otherwise, El Terrible moves up to lightweight.

so what can we "prolly" have?

yeah, that's right...winner of Chi-Harrison vs. winner of Pacquiao-Marquez.
                  Last edited by mr. bojangles; 10-27-2004, 08:44 PM. Reason: grammar sucks! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by whdempsey
                    Not gonna happen. I love Pac more than most fans, but there's no way he knocks out Morales. Morales is too big, his chin is too strong. Yes, I know, I know, Morales started out at 122. But Pac started out at 112. Although he should have at least gotten the decision in the Marquez fight, and a first round stoppage probably could have been justified, I don't think he can beat Morales. The other reason is that although Manny beat Barrera, an important point that has to be made is that he beat a slick-boxing Barrera who had lost most of his fire. Not so with Morales, who has always been a smooth counterpuncher who wasn't afraid to mix it up. It would be a great fight, but Pacquiao cannot beat Erik.
                    Excellent Post!

Comment

Originally posted by whdempsey
                      well, that's just what makes boxing great...we just never know..

Comment

Working...
                      X