No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Expects a Huge 2013 With Mayweather's Double

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
    Must we keep reminding Floyd Roid fans that Roid made Marquez move up two weight division for that fight. And fought Hatton at 47 and Hatton only had 1 fight at 47 against collazo, and got his ass handed to him and ran back down to 140. And If I'm using Roidweather fans logic at least PacMAn fought Hatton at his best and most comfortable weight 140.
    Theres nothing comfortable about a guy cutting 40lbs during training camp.

Comment

Two in one year because he will retire after them. He knows he is slipping and wants to go out on top. First will be a so so fight, but the second will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        that's a reasonable position. be mad at top rank even though floyd won't agree to his own demands. screw you top rank for making floyd continually change his mind!
        What demands would that be? In 3 yrs Floyds never changed his position, while Mannys been all over the map. He turned down a 50/50 split with a 14 day cut on the drug testing. And 3 yrs later hes all of a sudden going to agree to stricker testing for a lesser percentage of the money. Do you realize how rediculous that sounds? That only makes sense in Pacland. To us normal folk thats laughable.
        Last edited by leonthegee; 12-06-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

I highly highly highly doubt Floyd fights in May and than 4 months later.

I'd like to see Floyd fight 4-5 more times, if he can manage to fight twice a year, which is far from guaranteed. I was hoping Bradley and Pacquiao in 2013, than Alvarez and Garcia/Guerrero in 2014.

But we'll probably get Guerrero and Alvarez in 2013. Not a fan of Floyd-Guerrero, though you can't really hate on him fighting the #3 ranked WW after he and Manny. It's a decent/solid win over a Top WW, but it doesn't really do anything for Floyd. And Canelo better fight Trout, or at least a Kirkland/Angulo type in May before fighting Floyd.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 12-06-2012, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
            Theres nothing comfortable about a guy cutting 40lbs during training camp.
            So cutting 35 pounds is? That was Hatton's choice to gain 50 pounds after his fights. Plus Hatton moved up to 47 to challenge Maynever just like Bradley moved up to 47 to challenge PacMan. So that throws your argument out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Good if true

My biggest beef as a Mayweather fan was how he only averaged one fight a year from 2010-2011. Seriously WTF
              Just a little correction.......Mayweather has had only 4 fights in the past 5 years, since the Hatton fight in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I remember Mayweather ripped Pacquiao for not being loyal to HBO when he fought Mosley on Showtime. I don't think he's going to Showtime.

Anyway, I thought Martinez vs Chavez would be on independence day weekend. I would have thought Arum had reserved it by now.
                Just a little reminder. Mayweather also accused Corrales of being a wifebeater, when he had already been in gaol for beating women and was again charged shortly after. He also accused MannyP of being a drug usetr when he has been caught 3 times for a drug positive..... etc.etc.etc. and so on and so forth. So nothing he says can be depended on. A proven liar over and over.

Talking to some people is like bouncing a ball against a blanket covered wall....Let's hope you are different.

Comment

doubt it. believe it when i see signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    I was thinking May Guerrero late Feb, Canelo-Cotto May 4th, Mayweather-Canelo Sep IF Canelo is victorious against Cotto, as a Mayweather fan I'm happy either way. At the very least we get to see Mayweather fight twice next year.
                    I would suggest that it might be the other way around, that he would fight Alvarez the Mexican on May 4th, being younger and less seasoned than he would be in September. He picks his opponents for their flaws not their strengths....

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                      i hope its against a quality opponent ! unlike his last 3 fights that were against boxers who were shells of the former selves or a all out bum in the case of ortiz! mayweather has a legion of fans i should know because the neg rep me to red ! hopefully some kind person can green rep me back to my original glory ! but i digress ! mayweather owes his fans a fight against a good oponent like sergio martinez whos currently in his weight class ! but something tells me he will choose bradley or devon alexander
                      An undefeated WBA Champ in Cotto at 154, a WBC Champ in Ortiz, A past prime/still good WBA Champ in Shane coming off the best win of his career against Tony. You people will never be satisfied, just admit that no matter who Floyd fights, he can do no right in your biased eyes. By the way, Sergio is not currently in Floyd's weight class, Sergio hasn't seen 154 pounds since 2009 "boxing fan".

Comment

Working...
                      X