No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver: I Don't Want To See Roy Jones Get Hurt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver: I Don't Want To See Roy Jones Get Hurt

Roy Jones Jr. hasn’t been the same fighter since Antonio Tarver drilled him with a devastating left hand in the second round of their May 2004 rematch in Las Vegas.

Eight years and six losses later, Jones is scheduled to fight yet again. The former four-division champion from Pensacola, Fla., will oppose Poland’s Dawid Kostecki in a 10-round light heavyweight bout June 30 in Lodz, Poland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Me to Antonio but Roy doesn't know when to quit the more he fights the likely chance h'ell get KO'd again

Comment

Tarver sure does take his opportunities to remind us all that he first bested Roy (Griffin doesn't count to me).
      But I do agree, I don't want to see him take lasting effects of punishment. He's a pretty good commentator, intelligent, has a personality and name for other things.

Comment

Classy comments from Tarver. The writer is wrong though, he technically did suffer a knock down against Hopkins, although it was just his glove that touched the canvas so I see what he means. It's not like he was knocked right on his ass but he was close to it.

Comment

Roy aint never gona retire :lmao: true Macclellan vs Jones/Ben v JOnes/Jackson v jones even another Toney v Jones now those fights would have enhanced hes legacy but to me Bhop will always b ranked higher than him. i would have loved a rematch when they were both in their physical primes but i guess Skill outlasts talent and that what happend in thier actual rematch.

Comment

Sounds words from Tarver.

But, unlike Antonio, Roy's ass is in some serious debt and he NEEDS to keep on fighting. It's a true shame really, but in the end, it's his own doing and unfortunately it could lead to some devastating/crippling effects down the line when all these hard losses start catching up to him (even more so than they are already).

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
              Tarver sure does take his opportunities to remind us all that he first bested Roy (Griffin doesn't count to me).
              But I do agree, I don't want to see him take lasting effects of punishment. He's a pretty good commentator, intelligent, has a personality and name for other things.
              Roy is a Great commentator he should just stick to it full time cuz he was one the best in hes prime and he knows what it like to actually b inside that ring to have to take some and give some he has a great boxing IQ he knows what a fighter is going thru unlike merchant who dont know S*** about boxing LOL(roger mayweather voice) LOL

Comment

It was from moving to heavyweight and back down that changed Roy, not you Tarver.....

Comment

I really dislike tarver! i know his comments were in good taste, but fuk, i just can't stand him! LOL

Comment

Is Roy Jones struggling financially ?

I can't think of any other reason except extreme passion or financial problems that could make Roy Jones or Shane Mosley carry on till this point.

With Shane i guess he was known to be not a very good negotiator when it comes to purse negotiation, then the California divorce settlement held him back but am not sure if Roy Jones has similar financial problems.

I can also understand that with many boxers fighting is what they have grown accustomed to all along and to suddenly leave it and begin a life outside the boxing is scary to them, but then this trade comes with risk especially when you are old and your strength and reflexes are not holding on like it used to be.

I wish i know what pushes these guys to carry on way too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X