Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: When Did Zab Judah Become a Cagey Veteran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: When Did Zab Judah Become a Cagey Veteran?

By Cliff Rold - Saturday night, former Undisputed Welterweight champion Zab Judah (40-6, 27 KO) will attempt to capture the vacant IBF Jr. Welterweight title, squared off with 31-year old Kaizer Mabuza (23-6-3, 14 KO). Judah pulled off the feat once before, the IBF’s 140 lb. belt being the first major title he won as a professional.

It was February 12, 2000. The opponent was (Trivial Pursuit time) South Africa’s Jan Bergman. Bergman, despite being down twice in the first, provided a snapshot of the turbulence to come, dropping Judah in the second before being run over in round four.

The knockdown was mostly overlooked then. Judah was still a star of the future, a “Pernell Whitaker with power.”

Judah was still fresh. He hadn’t gone through the roller coaster ride yet. Those who watched his career, whether jeering or cheering, hadn’t gone along for the ride.

The low of the 2nd round Kostya Tszyu Jr. Welterweight unification loss in 2001…

The high of the rematch knockout of Cory Spinks in 2005 for the Welterweight crown…

A shocking upset loss for the crown to journeyman Carlos Baldomir…

Big events with Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto.

In regular human terms, Judah is still young of course. It is the boxing terms that matter here. In boxing, the Judah who enters the ring this weekend is anything but the fresh faced, hyper talent of over a decade ago. [Click Here To Read More]

One thing forsure is that Zab vs Floyd was staged. Zab was beating Floyd easily but than he had to lose because Floyd was supposed to win. Zab knows how the game work.

Comment

Lucas beat zab if zab wins sat he should fight peterson beat him and fight either devon or madaina for a payday

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
        One thing forsure is that Zab vs Floyd was staged. Zab was beating Floyd easily but than he had to lose because Floyd was supposed to win. Zab knows how the game work.
        Thats not how i recall the fight. I remember Zab starting fast and landing a few blows before Floyd got his timing together and began to beat Zab up, and was on the verge of stopping him before Zab tried to go out in a blaze of low blow glory. If he knows how the game works then why did he go and get beaten by Carlos Baldomir before and diminish his fight with Mayweather, the same Baldomir that Mayweather shut out in his next fight?

Comment

Originally posted by jaskieee View Post
          Thats not how i recall the fight. I remember Zab starting fast and landing a few blows before Floyd got his timing together and began to beat Zab up, and was on the verge of stopping him before Zab tried to go out in a blaze of low blow glory. If he knows how the game works then why did he go and get beaten by Carlos Baldomir before and diminish his fight with Mayweather, the same Baldomir that Mayweather shut out in his next fight?
          It was staged, just ask Zab.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            I dont know about all that but Zab did get the knockdown in that fight but somehow the ref nor the announcers saw his glove touch the mat.

Comment

Well they saw t but ruled it a "slip"

Comment

Slip or Knockdown??

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                  Well they saw t but ruled it a "slip"
                  Check the feet,judah steps on mayweathers foot as the punch lands,thats what caused his glove too touch the canvas imo,could have easily been ruled a KD though
                  Last edited by The_Demon; 03-03-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                    It was clearly a KD and it upsets Floyd fans so much but IDK why, I mean he won the fight and if anything was on his way to stopping Zab before the fouls.

Comment

Working...
                    X