• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think He will try this stunt again.. it messed up his hair. LOL

Comment

• Strong little fucker regardless.

Comment

• shouldn't he use a narrower grip to work out his arms? I thought making your pecks big is detrimental to boxing

Comment

• LOL @ dude who said the bar was 20lbs.

THis is a call for.

Comment

• That was not a successful lift because he could not straiten his arms all the way. He came close to a sucessful lift. That amount of weight for a man his size is very impressive. Broner is a very strong man. The amount of weight a boxer can bench press has very little or nothing to do with the speed or power of his punches. Ray Robinson or even Joe Louis probably could not have benched pressed anywhere near as much as Broner. I have seen guys at the gym I used to work out at that could bench press much more than Broner and could not punch hard at all. I know they could not punch hard because I saw them working the heavy bag with their best punches and they were pitiful. There is no connection between bench press ability and punching power in my opinion. I have never seen anyone make such a production out of lifting a weight before. He jumped up two or three times to make a mini speech before actually trying to lift the damn weight. The guy is a huge show off.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
              its about 110k m8 the little fuker can lift 10k more than me and im 10st 3 lol
              you weigh nearly the same ....

Comment

• ^^^^^
                There is.

What you are talking about is people who bench, who have no boxing technique, and people with boxing technique, who don't bench press.

If you know how to box, have technique, and you bench, it can benefit your force.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Robinson or even Joe Louis probably could not have benched pressed anywhere near as much as Broner.
                  Joe Louis built a handsome physique out of lifting and carrying, IIRC. i'm sure he could've managed to bench 105kg.

Comment

• I'd say the connection is that big punchers will most likely have a bigger punch.

Reverse the sentence and the statement is not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      ^^^^^
                      There is.

What you are talking about is people who bench, who have no boxing technique, and people with boxing technique, who don't bench press.

If you know how to box, have technique, and you bench, it can benefit your force.
                      This.

Dynamic benching will improve an athletes rate of force development, explosive power and speed. Max effort days will also improve general strength...trainers will know how to plug a proper lifting program into a fighters schedule to make him a better athlete.

Comment

Working...
                      X