• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    if the money is right they would

you guys dont seem to get it

that's how a business works
    decisions are monetary and nothing else.

them not fighting eachother is a decision haymon makes. it's financially driven. if they fight (and floyd was at the berto - ortiz fight because berto was the favorite and haymon was trying to set up berto - mayweather,) it will be a financial decision.
    it's not common because it's not good for business.
    I agree money over everything

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Floyd is different than normal Al Haymon fighters, because he does whatever the f**k he wants. He was going to fight Andre Berto for his return had Berto beaten Ortiz, at least that's what most people think. Ortiz beat him, and Mayweather fought Ortiz, the WBC WW champ and #2 ranked WW.

If Sergio does land the Chavez/Lee winner in September, there's no way in hell he's fighting 3 months later against Floyd, it's just not happening. He'd most likely return anywhere from March-May 2013. Khan is apossibility if he beats Peterson, but Schaeafer already said that fight is more likely to happen in 2013, because Khan has to beat Peterson and a Top WW before fighting Floyd. Manny Pacquiao isn't happening until 2013 at the earliest, according to Schaefer and Arum, that's a pipe dream for the fall. And it seems like GBP dpesn't want to throw Canelo in with Floyd in December, after Canelo fights Kirkland/Molina in September first.

So, if Andre Berto beats Ortiz down and wins handily, that could be a potential matchup, and at least it'd be a legit one. The only problem I see with it is that Floyd most likely won't have his WBC title anymore, and Berto won't have a title anymore either because he vacated the IBF title. So, he'd be fighting the #2 ranked WW, a good fight, but nothing else on the line. No title or anything.
      I agree with this 100%

Comment

Here's how I could see this all playing out.

I doubt Floyd will fight Devon Alexander. I think Alexander will get a sort of stay busy fight in August on SHO, and then I think we'll see Devon Alexander fight Robert Guerrero for the full WBC title in December, given that Floyd doesn't have it by that time anymore, he most likely won't.

If Khan beats Peterson, and if Mayweather doesn't fight the Berto-Ortiz II winner, I think we could see Khan matched up in November/December on HBO with the Berto-Ortiz II winner, with Khan trying to get his shot at Mayweather.

If Mayweather does fight the Berto-Ortiz II winner in December, I could see Khan fighting Devon Alexander or Robert Guerrero in December for the WBC title. And if that'w what happens, I could see Canelo fighting Kirkland/Molina in September, and than maybe a possible Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez PPV in January/February 2013.

After that, as for who Mayweather would fight in 2013, who knows??? I think if Canelo beat Kirkland/Molina and Cotto, he'd probably fight him in a huge unification at 154 in May 2013, something that would sell a s**t load of PPV's. And if Alvarez did that, if he beats people like Kirkland, Molina, Cotto, no one can really knock Floyd for fighting him if he does indeed beat those guys, because if he gets a win or two over Top SWW's, it's a legit fight.

Those are the most likely ways that I think it all plays out.

Comment

Working...
        X