No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward vs. Rodriguez - BScene Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward vs. Rodriguez - BScene Staff Predictions

Andre Ward returns the ring following a 14-month layoff, as the defending super middleweight champion takes on undefeated Edwin Rodriguez. The championship bout headlines on HBO, live from the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California (Saturday, HBO, 10PM ET/7PM local time).

Though still the king of all super middleweights and highly regarded among those who are about pound-for-pound rankings, it’s hardly been a celebratory time for Ward (26-0, 14KO). The aftermath of Ward winning the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament and receiving 2011 Fighter of the Year honors has featured just one fight heading into tonight – a 10th round stoppage of Chad Dawson last September. [Click Here To Read More]

Another great 50/50 fight! I hope HBO learn a lesson from this because this is going to tank in the ratings.

Comment

What was the deal with all the stoppage picks? Experts my butt, lol

Comment

Haha, they think he has found power after the Dawson stoppage. smh! Anyways, 168 sucks. Ward won't seek challenges, I don't think. He's going to do what BHop did before he entered the Middleweight tournament a decade ago, and that is to continue to fight mediocre fighters in that weak division of his.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          What was the deal with all the stoppage picks? Experts my butt, lol
          It wasn't that we thought that much of Ward... just that we thought so little of Rodriguez and his chances.

All three stoppage picks weren't too far off. Rodriguez was in trouble in all three of those rounds, really from round six on.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
            It wasn't that we thought that much of Ward... just that we thought so little of Rodriguez and his chances.

All three stoppage picks weren't too far off. Rodriguez was in trouble in all three of those rounds, really from round six on.
            I was kind of taking a jab more than anything else, lol. Really though, had Rodriguez made weight in a healthy manner, I think we would have seen a totally different fight, a much more competitive one. Rodriguez was just there for the check......I think his stamina was gone at or around the 6th, he basically just stood there.

Comment

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
              Haha, they think he has found power after the Dawson stoppage. smh! Anyways, 168 sucks. Ward won't seek challenges, I don't think. He's going to do what BHop did before he entered the Middleweight tournament a decade ago, and that is to continue to fight mediocre fighters in that weak division of his.
              Just as long as he eventually moves up to 175 and fights until he is 50, I'm ok with that career plan.

Comment

Working...
              X