Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Says Miguel Vazquez, Jose Gonzalez in the Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Says Miguel Vazquez, Jose Gonzalez in the Mix

Ricky Burns hopes to serve up more thrilling fights in Scotland as he prepares to return to the ring on May 11.

Burns has been absent from the ring since September after two fights fell through, but has linked up with new promoter Eddie Hearn and will be back in action against an unnamed opponent in his home country.

In his last fight, Burns delighted his fans with an explosive knockout win over British rival Kevin Mitchell in Glasgow and the Coatbridge man is hungry for more big-name battles on his own patch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Come on man, Vazquez please...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Broner is moving up and I don't believe that he is going to fight at 135 ever again. Burns should stop using his name to promote himself.

Comment

rather see a unification fight

Comment

Make the mando wait..... The fight is Vazquez

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Broner is moving up and I don't believe that he is going to fight at 135 ever again. Burns should stop using his name to promote himself.
            Or maybe Burns has always wanted the fight and it was just his promoter being scared of losing a world title holder.

Burns has lost before so i doubt he is scared of testing himself of Broner to be honest.

Comment

We all know it should be Vasquez, but unfortunately i think we also know that is is much more likely to be the relatively unknown Gonzalez.
              Burns career = YAWN.

Comment

Burns already ducked Vazquez. wasn't the fight supposed to be rescheduled and then Burns pull out and changed promoter?

we all know he ducked Broner and he basically ducked Vazquez

Jose Gonzalez

Burns is slowly making himself into a joke

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                  Burns already ducked Vazquez. wasn't the fight supposed to be rescheduled and then Burns pull out and changed promoter?

we all know he ducked Broner and he basically ducked Vazquez

Jose Gonzalez

Burns is slowly making himself into a joke
                  What part of Vazquez pulling out of a scheduled fight makes Burns duck him? Vazquez was the third opponent in a row to drop out (Walsh, that Philipino late replacement for him, and then Vazquez) Burns was fed up of the inactivity and being out of pocket from fight camps that didn't happen and left his promoter (Eddie Hearn has also suggested Warren may not to be paying his fightrs within BBoBc rules.) It amuses me how people like you seem to suggest he left Warren simply to get away from fighting Vazquez which is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

When Vazquez dropped out, he should have offered the fight to Broner on short notice and his home promoters card, so when Broner refused he could also start coming out with the 'he ducked me bollocks'. Burns told Broner it was too short notice when he was offered the fight, I didn't see Broner busting his bollocks to fight him by saying ok how about a month later? It was take the fight at short notice in America or not at all.

Now he's the one ducking all the monsters at 140 by going straight for small / fading Malignaggi and cherry picking the easiest beltholder (who I still wouldn't be surprised to see take a few rounds out of Broner).

Comment

Unification takes priority. Fight Vazquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X