No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Training Camp in Motion, Press Tour Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Training Camp in Motion, Press Tour Too

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) will begin training for his next fight in two weeks, according to the boxer's adviser Gaby Peñagarícano. Cotto will go against WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (25-0, 14KOs) on December 1 at New York's Madison Square Garden. Cotto is coming off the May twelve round decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

Like a boss.

Comment

Comment

I'd like to go to one of his open work out since I am near Orlando. Any information about the gym?

Comment

This morning in the local radio, Miguel was interviewed and he said that he was going to Colorado to start his camp and then move to Orlando.

Also, he said that after the fight he is open to face the winner of Chavez/Martinez. He wants that fourth division title.

He was asked about the offers he had. He mentioned Floyd and Pac. He is not willing to fight Pac @ 150. He made it clear it is 154 or no fight. Canelo is another option after December.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
            This morning in the local radio, Miguel was interviewed and he said that he was going to Colorado to start his camp and then move to Orlando.

Also, he said that after the fight he is open to face the winner of Chavez/Martinez. He wants that fourth division title.

He was asked about the offers he had. He mentioned Floyd and Pac. He is not willing to fight Pac @ 150. He made it clear it is 154 or no fight. Canelo is another option after December.
            Martinez must be licking his chops right about now........................

Comment

I really like Cotto. I hope he has one BIG win left in him against one of the P4P. Dude is a class act, and cool as hell.

Comment

I've been wanting to say this for a LONG time!!!!....dudes like Cotto is what I call a "MAN'S FIGHTER"....he took his defeats like a man....and if dudes wanna be REAL, there's a BUNCH of ppl out there who feels like his first LEGIT lost came in his last fight against Floyd....Cotto is stand up dude and ONLY dudes with strong female traits find it in themselves to hate on that man

I understand that he might've went h2h with some dude's fav fighters, but thats what the game is about....MEN understand and appreciate Cotto...I know I do, he is one of the dudes who inspire me with his fatherhood...thats one of the reasons I say he's a "MAN'S FIGHTER"

Cotto went through some tough times these past years and only a MAN can put that into perspective...dude is GREAT for the sport and he won't be FULLY appreciated, like many others...until he's retired!!...Cotto is a LEGENDARY player of his era....MAN type respect for the Rican God!!!

I always want Cotto to kick some ass, so it didn't really matter who he was fighting...WAR COTTO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  I've been wanting to say this for a LONG time!!!!....dudes like Cotto is what I call a "MAN'S FIGHTER"....he took his defeats like a man....and if dudes wanna be REAL, there's a BUNCH of ppl out there who feels like his first LEGIT lost came in his last fight against Floyd....Cotto is stand up dude and ONLY dudes with strong female traits find it in themselves to hate on that man

I understand that he might've went h2h with some dude's fav fighters, but thats what the game is about....MEN understand and appreciate Cotto...I know I do, he is one of the dudes who inspire me with his fatherhood...thats one of the reasons I say he's a "MAN'S FIGHTER"

Cotto went through some tough times these past years and only a MAN can put that into perspective...dude is GREAT for the sport and he won't be FULLY appreciated, like many others...until he's retired!!...Cotto is a LEGENDARY player of his era....MAN type respect for the Rican God!!!

I always want Cotto to kick some ass, so it didn't really matter who he was fighting...WAR COTTO!!!
                  Good post & I agree 100%. I mean he is taking on a fighter neither Floyd nor Pacman would dare & he basically just called out Chavez & Martinez in 1 fell swoop. Dude, the greater fighters, (Floyd & Pacman, put the duck bid in ages ago). That's a crying shame.

It's almost tragic to me because I know Trout is going to beat Cotto. At least Cotto is giving real fans (sport 1st, business 2nd), a look at an upncomer. In a way I'm, glad that it's Cotto that will pass the torch to Trout. I just didn't want him to suffer another loss to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post

Thanks for putting it in perspective. The so called "fans" and "boxing fanatics" here won't agree with you because they let the race card take a front seat. They don't want to give credit where credit is due. I'm Rican but I can say I like mexican boxers. It doesn't make me less of a man or weak but I respect boxers for their abilities and how they behave themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X