Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the brothers needs to fight Solis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vitali landed a punch to solis head thus KTFO'ing him you knuckleheads. byrd didn't land **** on vitali. in fact it was vitali landing repeatedly on byrd that caused him (vitali) to injure himself. so the two aren't even vaguely similar.

Vitali landed punch on solis head. Solis went down KTFO. end of fight end of story no rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
      vitali landed a punch to solis head thus KTFO'ing him you knuckleheads. byrd didn't land **** on vitali. in fact it was vitali landing repeatedly on byrd that caused him (vitali) to injure himself. so the two aren't even vaguely similar.

Vitali landed punch on solis head. Solis went down KTFO. end of fight end of story no rematch.
      The punch grazed him. The knee injury ended the fight. Don't worry, I think Vitali would've beat him and I think he'd win if they fought again.

Comment

Solis looked good before his injury, and I would love to see the rematch.

Comment

Solis is the only who can beat the K brothers, but he need to come stronger and in shape and do 2 fights against good boxers. Then the K brothers

Comment

solis's knee has been fine for months. i think he's been having promotional issues. i wanna see him fight one of the klits asap!

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
              solis's knee has been fine for months. i think he's been having promotional issues. i wanna see him fight one of the klits asap!
              this is the same as asking floyd to fight ortiz again. won't happen.
              solis is a solid hw but he blew his shot. to add to the problem he and his promoter ahmet oner spilled a lot of verbal crap on vitali after the fight.

Comment

Solis looked great in the first round.

That was the first time I've seen someone do that to Vitali, he was making him miss with relative ease and landing crisp shots of his own. His knee giving out was such a shame as it would have been a good fight.

Comment

One of the main reasons Solis looked so well in the first round was due to his confidence, and lack of fear of Vitali. Because Solis has such a deep amateur background and he has so much experience, which honestly is one of the Klitschko's biggest assets. On top of that, even out of shape, Odlanier could handle most heavyweaights with relative ease. A fully focused Solis in atleast decent shape, a fight with Vitali is a toss up to me, especially now given Vitali's age. Has anyone here damaged their knee before, let alone tore a ligament in their knee? I tore my ACL awhile ago, and let me tell you it hurts like a ***** and when you put the least amount of pressure on it, it literally feels like your knee is going to pop out of your skin and it's nearly impossible to walk on it. It sucked to see this fight end this way, because Solis actually looked to be controlling range and pace, that grazing right hook at the end was the only punch I saw Klitschko land clearly. So yes, to me there should definitely be a rematch. But Solis shoud have a tuneup, and then fight someone in the top ten like a Thompson or Chambers etc.

Comment

I had never really seen Vitali put into the position Solis had him in the first round, Yea Chisora gave him a good fight, but he did that coming forward. Solis was countering Vitali on the backfoot, and was landing good clean counter shots. Two that I remember, a good right hand right on the chin, and a nice counter left hook. One thing I want to say though, If anyone seriously thought that Solis was that hurt from the punch, or if people think that was a fight ending punch from Vitali, you're crazy. Solis landed bigger and cleaner shots than Vitali. I definitely want to see a rematch, because Solis showed at the very least that he'd give Vitali a strong challenge, that's what we want in the heavyweight division correct? Opponents giving the Klitschko's good strong challenges? I do.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                      It would be nice to see Solis have another crack at a Klit, but not right away. He needs to earn it, and moreover prove he hasn't turned into a tub of Havanan goo in his long layoff.
                      Agree beat a decent contender and he should get a shot, the title shots are there for pretty much anyone decent who wants one at HW due to how the division has been cleaned out.

Comment

Working...
                      X