Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Rigo's resistance to Left hook? A KO waiting to Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    That's one way he can beat Rigo and probably the best way but Rigo also loves to paw with his right hand and doesn't bring it back to his chin, that would give Donaire opportunities to land that left hook over Rigo's half ass jab.
    Yeah he's going to have to chill with that range finder in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      history seems to disagree then ..coz obviously , the only times rigo got wobbled (minus the kd caused by a jab), the lefthook was the culprit..

you call it carelessness , but imo , it's more of a habit than anything ...it has been the most obvious flaw IMO besides the chin...
      What I'm saying is Marroquin did not uncover some great unknown weakness. You throw a lazy jab or fight with your hands down your going to get tagged. But that doesn't mean he isn't a great defensive fighter. When he fights smart he is difficult to touch. He just has bad habits.

And the rest I agree with. We're saying the same thing. He has a habit of getting careless which he can not afford to do in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        the point was that vasquez got stopped by arce but didn't get stopped by donaire yet donaire is the harder puncher
        Vasquez was not stopped ! It's his Dad trainer who called it off! He was still on his feet!

Donaire hurt his hand in Vasquez fight! That's reason he cant finished him. Vasquez wasn't even tasted the canvas until that KD By Nonito!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          What I'm saying is Marroquin did not uncover some great unknown weakness. You throw a lazy jab or fight with your hands down your going to get tagged. But that doesn't mean he isn't a great defensive fighter. When he fights smart he is difficult to touch. He just has bad habits.

And the rest I agree with. We're saying the same thing. He has a habit of getting careless which he can not afford to do in this fight.
          It means there's a big Hole in Rigo's game! Donaire will exploit it!

Comment

He's a southpaw but he fights with his elbow across his body and protects himself well with his shoulder, elbow and his forearm. That makes it very difficult for his opponents to land on him. Plus he has a good sense of distance and stays out of range and he can use his footwork and reflexes to keep himself out of harm's way. People like to criticize his chin but often forget that he's a very solid defensive fighter. Through 11 fights people only identify two punches that shook him up a little.

In the Marroquin fight he got caught twice because he was careless. One was a left hook over a lazy jab and the second time he was in the corner dancing around with his hands down. If he tries to get cute and dance around with his hands down against Donaire than he deserves to get knocked out.

Who has ONE Punch KO Power?? Yes it is!! Only one punch for Nonito could end this!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              Yes it is!! That's why I'm nailing predictions! search my predictions at ESB!

When I predicted darchinyan fight, I thought he has a chin coz he was undefeated and wasn't even KD in his career! But I was right with the Lethal left HOOk!

From 2007!
              The reason I smell upset is because Nonito is a Legit 5'6" & a half. he's quicker & he can move. Vic will have a hardtime finding him. Nonito has a lethal left hook & I see them landing everytime Vic tries to attack. I don't think Darchinyan can be KOed, but I see Donaire outboxing him in a lopsided fashion. Kinda like what Mijares did to ARce.
              How did your prediction work out last night Nostradamus?

Comment

i dont think hes coming back

Comment

Not only did Rigo take that left hook with ease,he instantly returned the favour with a beautiful and even better left straight...BOOOM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                    Not only did Rigo take that left hook with ease,he instantly returned the favour with a beautiful and even better left straight...BOOOM!!!
                    Neutralized it, countered it and it wasn't an issue.

People thought cause Marroquin caught him while he got cute that all of the sudden he's a sloppy defensive fighter vulnerable to left hooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Col. Hans Landa

Neutralized it, countered it and it wasn't an issue.

People thought cause Marroquin caught him while he got cute that all of the sudden he's a sloppy defensive fighter vulnerable to left hooks.
                      They also thought he had a weak chin... Questionable yes... Weak not so much. But thats been answered now.

This is the perfect bump right here.

Rigo took some flush shots on the chin as well as a left hook on the top of his head and was not affected. He hurt the BIGGER guy more than the bigger guy hurt him. Whenever Rigo was tagged by a punch all you heard was Roy say "Oh oh oh" like Rigo was in trouble but instead Rigo returned fire with a harder shot or had the balls to trade.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X