No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs. Ward. Superfight of ATG vs. future ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
    That's what I'd say as well. Calzaghe's activity, and awkward style would give Ward problems all night. He wouldn't be able to bully Calzaghe, either. Ward would win rounds, but lose a decision.

Calzaghe was just so darn awkward, and had such a high output........it would be hard to bet against him against ANYONE. He beat a VERY tough Bernard Hopkins decisively. I don't care what ANYONE says.

The guy was just so slippery, and active, he gives any fighter he faces problems. He shouldn't have retired.
    I agree, except for the Hopkins part. Calzaghe would eventually frustrate Ward, pull him out of his game, and it would go south for Ward after that. I know it sounds hard to believe after tonight's fight, but Calzaghe did it to almost everyone he faced.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      Calzaghe did it to almost everyone he faced.
      key words in your post

Comment

Calzaghe is to slick for ward ...Eubank would of beat ward !

Comment

Ward has already cemented himself a better legacy and resume at 168 than Calzaghe did the entire time he was there.

While Calzaghe fought and slapped bum after bum and didnt face actual threats, Ward has fought the best after the best of the division and after he faces Bute he will have done something Calzaghe never did..........fight other top fighters in your division when it matters.

Im sorry but that is the truth! Calzaghe retired in 2009 as the best 168 pounder up until that point and just 2 years later in 2011 Ward has already surpassed him and now sits at the top of the divisions short history. He clearly and without any doubt already has a "real" resume at the weight because he is fighting the best of the best at the weight and beating them when it matters to beat them.

Hopkins arguably beat Calzaghe as well and that was an older still capable but clearly older and not prime version of Hopkins that he faced. Then he avoided a rematch like the plague and never wanted to face him again, and that was a fight that could have gone either way but he was always afraid of really testing himself and facing someone who might take his "0" so like the Reid fight he just flat out ducked the rematch and didnt care about having unfinished business. He just flat out didnt want to fight them again.

Those are the decisions that really really hurt Calzaghe's legacy, he fought nobody when it actually mattered and he avoided rematches when he had close fights that he arguably lost, plus waiting for truly great ATG'S in Hopkins and Jones to age and be out of their prime when he finally flew over to face them was just a coward move!

Ward is better right now than Calzaghe ever was and Wards resume already surpassed Calzaghe's weak resume and I am sorry to anybody who gets offended but that is the truth!

Ward beats him! He out thinks Calzaghe, adjusts to any and all of Calzaghe's adjustments and adapts round by round by keeping his composure like he always does and that coupled by the fact that Ward is a more technically sound fighter than Calzaghe ever was leads me to believe that he would clearly beat Calzaghe.

Comment

Before Calzaghe fought Lacy, who would you guys say had the better resume..... Bute (now) or Calzaghe (pre-Lacy)?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Before Calzaghe fought Lacy, who would you guys say had the better resume..... Bute (now) or Calzaghe (pre-Lacy)?
              Pretty equal even with his win over Lacy who was crazy overrated due to his KOs.

Comment

When you say all time great that is supposed to mean all time great. If you aren't in the top 25 you certainly aren't an all time great. I hardly see anyone putting Calzaghe in the top 100, a list that would consist of great fighters. Calzaghe was a good fighter but his resume lacks and he is very forgettable. Far from an "all time great". Use your words more wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by jakelamotta#1 View Post
                  Slapzaghe ain't a all time great.
                  Agreed.

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                  if a fighter of Frochs class can get within 2 rounds of warad in america then calzaghe would have no problem.

i hate polls after somoeone wins. everyone has his dick in their mouths.
                  STFU that has nothing to do with Wards ability, it's to do with ****ty judges. Point void.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    I'd say around even.

Comment

Ward would make it an inside fight and get the W!!

Comment

Working...
                      X