Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for Atheists - Why Do You...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Atheists - Why Do You...

Questions for Atheists:

1) Why do you believe there is evil in the World?
    2) What is the root cause for evil in humans?
    3) Why is evil unique to humans?

Don't use another question as your reply.

No, evil his just a man made concept to explain why unfortunate things happen or awful human behavior that most ppl just don't understand.

Comment

Not an Atheist but i'll answer them

because the bible said Satan is evil

Terrorism ,Atheism,Satanism, Greed, Adultery etc

because we were born with an Original sin for eating an Apple

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
        Questions for Atheists:

I'm more of an agnostic, but I'll bite.

There is evil in the world because we are free to act as we please, we are not bound by anything other than society's laws and social normality, and it's pretty easy to break that if you really want. Of course, there are also some people born with mental problems, or those that develop them, that can't help but act in such a way in which we deem to be 'evil'. I mean, in reality, without any universal point to judge what is 'good' by, we can't really say that anything IS evil, just that it's different to what is commonly established as acceptable behaviour. And lastly, how is evil unique to humans? In the wild, animals kill each other all the time, they get diseases... we just don't deem it as evil because we see it as how nature is supposed to be, we don't apply the same laws to wild animals that we do to ourselves.

Comment

Questions for Atheists:

You ask a lot of questions about Atheism, maybe you're waking up to the fact that religion is a load of old bull.......

Comment

Another Trivia Pop Quiz by the not so certain follower of Christ.

It's all about what WE consider evil. It's all in the mind. What about in nature? insects killing eachother for no damn reason sounds evil, a lion killing some antelope on a full stomach sounds evil, a pitbull so trained to fight that any dog around his path he wants to kill sounds evil. Like spray said, Evil is a man made concept to explain why unfortunate things happen.

In humans, the brain. Anything from a wrong upbringing, to abuse, to molestation, anything that makes them feel inferior or useless. Money is called the root of all evil because of what we're all willing to do for it. Some of us more than others.

People are fascinated by the insane. It's always been that way, some do it to be cool, others are going through or have went through similar situations. People fear what they don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              Another Trivia Pop Quiz by the not so certain follower of Christ.

It's all about what WE consider evil. It's all in the mind. What about in nature? insects killing eachother for no damn reason sounds evil, a lion killing some antelope on a full stomach sounds evil, a pitbull so trained to fight that any dog around his path he wants to kill sounds evil. Like spray said, Evil is a man made concept to explain why unfortunate things happen.

In humans, the brain. Anything from a wrong upbringing, to abuse, to molestation, anything that makes them feel inferior or useless. Money is called the root of all evil because of what we're all willing to do for it. Some of us more than others.

People are fascinated by the insane. It's always been that way, some do it to be cool, others are going through or have went through similar situations. People fear what they don't understand.
              This pretty much sums it up.

Close thread.

Comment

Double post...

Comment

1. Evil is subjective. Evil represents whatever we might fear, so for some people evil might be embodied by murderers or tyrants while for others it might be gays or single mothers or people of a different religion. I mean for me it's pretty evil to stone rape victims to death as punishment for their "crime" but for other people the greatest evil was the victim allowing her persecutors the opportunity.

2. As evil is subjective this question doesn't in fact make sense. To you, as a religious nutter, being an atheist is evil, so what makes me an atheist? In part because I'm smarter than you are. So is intelligence the root of all evil? Of course not, nobody would make that argument.

3. If mice were able to come up with abstract ideas like evil I'm pretty sure that cats would be up there. There's good evidence to show in fact that chimpanzees have a concept of evil. When a troop of chimps is threatened by a predator the stronger males will take up sticks and shriek and pound the trees to try and scare the predator away - the interesting thing is that they will display the same behaviour with perceived threats that won't be scared away, such as thunder storms. They display superstitious behaviour indicating that they regard threats as evil.

So evil is not unique to humans.

Comment

Questions for Atheists:

1) I dont believe there is evil, I believe everyone is "generated" diffirantly, kind of like Child Molesters always have that look in them, you can put them in a crowd and ask to point them out.

Evil is just a genetic mutation and we arent advanced enough scientifically to know how it works, could be cross-breeding, etc. Our society knows nothing yet, we are 0.0001% where we should be.

I still think that Drug Addicts have a certain reason why they are drug addicts, Serial Killers have a certain gene/mutation in them, sexual predators, etc.

2) Root cause of Evil?

Stupidity, Laziness and Greed

I knew this kid from my school who stabbed his close friend because someone paid him $5, kid got tried as an addult with attempted murder and did like 10 years. Yep $5. You can probably guess what type of person this was, but alot of them carry this same Stupidity gene that dont think about their actions and dont see the future of what will happen.

Their normal = our Evil

3) Evil is not only in Humans, every mammal that shares our DNA structure exhibits the same patterns as human (****sexuality, Murder, Drugs/Drinking (Elephants, Monkeys, Animals eating special "trees" just to get high/drunk). There have been examples of Serial Killer animals who devour their own kind when they arent even predators.

You said root of evil but I will say Root of World Problems, that is

1) Religion's
                    2) Over-population, the dumbest people in the world have the most kids, which in turn create even more idiots. Why? Smart people have kids at a late age, they can process thought and the future, they know if they have a kid they must provide for it. Thats why they wait until they have an education, a stable partner and money. Thats why they might have 1-2 kids MAX.

Idiots? Im a get pregnant at 15, have 5 kids with 4 different fathers, my kids will have their own kids at 15, their kids will have kids at 15. Nobody will ever get an education, nobody in that family's tree will ever be useful to the world, it will just be generation of Welfare bums who overpopulate the world and commit most of the crimes

I think that everyone in this world that is born should have a chip installed into them, only when they get an education / stable life will they be allowed to have kids.

There's too many leeches in this world who contribute nothing but criminals, and this isnt just 1 generation, its like this for lots of generations.

Go watch the movie Idiocracy, perfect example of what this world will turn into if we dont have a de-population program going on. There have been talks of putting in stuff into flu shots and into water programs in Middle East/Asia/Africa other poor places on earth that will change their way of thinking so they dont have so many kids

Comment

Working...
                    X