No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Parts Ways With Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Parts Ways With Golden Boy Promotions

Golden Boy Promotions have been co-promoting Floyd Mayweather Jr. since he won a twelve round split decision over Oscar De La Hoya in May of 2007. Mayweather has never been on good terms with De La Hoya, the President of Golden Boy, but the unbeaten boxer was very close friends with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

When Schaefer made an announcement on Monday that he was officially leaving Golden Boy, it came as no surprise that Mayweather would terminate his business relationship with De La Hoya's company.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frauds last 3 fights:

1. Josie Harris
    2. Security guard
    3. Ishe Smith

Comment

Looks like he's promoting their first PPV in September.

Comment

If I was Floyd, Schaefer WOULD be my best friend without a doubt. Schaefer did refuse to work with Arum after all. Thus keeping Floyd away from Pacman.

Comment

Good, Now we can say that Mayweather might fight Martinez or Garcia.

Comment

Guys came to GBP cause they wanted to fight for a boxer who wasn't going to treat them like a promoter does, they figured well **** he knows what we go through. Then came richard, richard got the financials right but let's not act like folks came over because of Richard. It was Oscar that pulled Floyd, it was Oscar all them young boys signed up with GBP for. Richard may be a marvel with money but it ends there. Him and Haymon could do great things since they have money to blow but I just don't see him joining Mayweather promotions...ain't no real stable there..seriously who is going to sell fights at Mayweather promotions four fights from now? No way no how does richard go to work for Floyd, it ain't happening.

Comment

Sept just got interesting lol

Comment

oscar should retaliate by not do any business with any al haymon
                fighters unless he has contracts with them.Al haymon a
                shady dude.

Comment

Oscar aint worried he built this shit.

He found Richard who had no experience in this boxing world and like he said he find another one he aint worried.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    If I was Floyd, Schaefer WOULD be my best friend without a doubt. Schaefer did refuse to work with Arum after all. Thus keeping Floyd away from Pacman.
                    Right. Schaefer is gonna leave the biggest, and likely best paying promotional company to join a start up company just to protect Floyd from Manny. What a f.uckin' idiot you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X