No announcement yet.

Hardest punching featherweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Just that, if he really was the hardest hitting fw EVER, then he'd stop even McCullough. Why not, Larios stopped him...even if that was a past prime McCullough. Naz bragged so much that he would be the first to do it, but he didn't.
    Stopping Wayne McCullough was no mean feat. In his prime, he never would have been fazed by Larios. He basically went chin first into every bomb Erik Morales could throw at him (and Morales wasn't the hitter that Hamed was, but he could still crack like hell and was much better at landing those shots) and was basically unbothered over 12 rounds.

Comment

Pacquiao was never a devastating puncher above 122. He had pop, but didnt knock anybody out with one punch. Which is part of why I suspected him of juicing in the first place. And Olivares knocked out Chacon and a lot of other guys at fw, also hurt Arguello before he got koed.

the dude has an ATG one punch knockout over a career jr WW, bro..
      i think hatton is still snoozing on the canvas in vegas somewhere

i sort of get what you are saying. he doesnt have a ton of scalps on his belt at 126 specifically
      he didn't really have a lengthy tenure there

at or around FW manny was a blunt tool, and couldn't apply the craft necessary to drop greats like morales, barrera, marquez and get them to stay there
      he had little going for him other than the one-two, a hellish chin, and speed speed speed. almost no craft at least in the ATG punchers sense.

but he's ten times the puncher of erik morales dude, at or around FW or anywhere else. or olivares
      don't get that twisted up, please

at or around FW manny pacquiao is one of the hardest punchers ever
      Last edited by New England; 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM. Reason: my autocorrect has a field day with names

Comment

Naseem Hamed If Your Saying Hardest Puncher,Buh Danny Lopez Record Looks amazing 39 ko in 42 fightss,but hameds power was unreal

Comment

For me Naz has to be THE Hardest puncher the division ever saw

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I'll go for the top 3....

Hamed
            Saddler
            McGovern

Others who deserve mention...

Jim Driscoll?
            Young Corbett II
            Jeff Fenech
            Eusibio Pedroza
            Barry McGuigan
            I hadnt realised Driscoll was such a big puncher Jab, i thought he was more of a Master Boxer type with lots of slick moves?

Whats ur opinion of Peerless Jim on the whole Jab, he's a fighter that intrests me?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              the dude has an ATG one punch knockout over a career jr WW, bro..
              i think hatton is still snoozing on the canvas in vegas somewhere

i sort of get what you are saying. he doesnt have a ton of scalps on his belt at 126 specifically
              he didn't really have a lengthy tenure there

at or around FW manny was a blunt tool, and couldn't apply the craft necessary to drop greats like morales, barrera, marquez and get them to stay there
              he had little going for him other than the one-two, a hellish chin, and speed speed speed. almost no craft at least in the ATG punchers sense.

but he's ten times the puncher of erik morales dude, at or around FW or anywhere else. or olivares
              don't get that twisted up, please

at or around FW manny pacquiao is one of the hardest punchers ever
              Pacman was and is a Monster, id rate his power at FW on par with an Arguello and abouve a Morales, defo below a Hamed or a D.Lopez tho

Comment

Surprised nobody is mentioning Arguello. The bloke had pulverising power at 126 and stopped all the guys in his title reign.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  I hadnt realised Driscoll was such a big puncher Jab, i thought he was more of a Master Boxer type with lots of slick moves?

Whats ur opinion of Peerless Jim on the whole Jab, he's a fighter that intrests me?
                  I really don't know much about him to be honest, but any fighter who could beat a prime Abe Attell had to be good. I would appreciate any education you can give me on him though.

Comment

Surprised nobody is mentioning Arguello. The bloke had pulverising power at 126 and stopped all the guys in his title reign.
                    You put him in your top 10 and nobody disagreed. What is there to talk about?

Comment

Just that, if he really was the hardest hitting fw EVER, then he'd stop even McCullough.
                      Taken literally you're saying that if Hamed was the hardest hitting FW ever the strength of McCullough's chin would be dependent on Hamed's power.

Which is nonsense.

Earnie Shavers is pretty much regarded as the hardest hitting heavy of all time. Yet he couldn't starch a number of opponents including Ali, Holmes and several modestly gifted fighters. Does this mean he wasn't the hardest? If so - who was? Bear in mind that by your reasoning he would need to have a 100% KO ratio.

Comment

Working...
                      X