Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kirkland Will Be a Free Agent, Judge Voids GBP Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kirkland Will Be a Free Agent, Judge Voids GBP Contract

BoxingScene.com has received a copy of federal court order from the Central District of California, and Judge Margaret M. Morrow voided James Kirkland's promotional agreement, and his extension, with Golden Boy Promotions.

On August 16, 2012, Kirkland commenced this action against Golden Boy, claiming his contract was illegal. Golden Boy Promotions counter-sued for breach of contract. On February 5, 2013, Kirkland filed a motion for judgment on the pleadings.

The judge agreed with Kirkland's papers, partially granting his attorney's motion for Summary Judgement. Kirkland is represented by Sekou Gary. [Click Here To Read More]

That's great now he can fight anyone he wants in prison!!

Seriously though, hope he gets his stuff together he was always entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      BoxingScene.com has received a copy of federal court order from the Central District of California, and Judge Margaret M. Morrow voided James Kirkland's promotional agreement, and his extension, with Golden Boy Promotions.

On August 16, 2012, Kirkland commenced this action against Golden Boy, claiming his contract was illegal. Golden Boy Promotions counter-sued for breach of contract. On February 5, 2013, Kirkland filed a motion for judgment on the pleadings.

The judge agreed with Kirkland's papers, partially granting his attorney's motion for Summary Judgement. Kirkland is represented by Sekou Gary. [Click Here To Read More]
      Top rank?????

Comment

Who the hell will want him?

Comment

win or lose legally, 2 me his career is behind him...he'll have the punch 2 get him bouts but I believe w/his character shortcomings, lack of desire, he never comes close 2 a belt...

Comment

50 cent has a new boxer

Comment

HAHA The judge used the same argument Oscar used to get out of his contract with Top Rank.

HAHA Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                50 cent has a new boxer
                haha. I was thinking that

Comment

why would he leave GBP? I guess he'll be fodder for GGG and/or Chavez. but why would eithr network want him? he isn't exactly reliable.

Comment

I wonder if this will start a trend? I mean if Kirkland could find a loophole, others may also. There is some weird stuff going on at GBP, it is starting to become a hype circus over there. Showtime putting on some show like every card is a giant event etc.

We now have Bika as a champion calling out Ward. Garcia acting like he is Floyd, Buddy Deals with USADA etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X