No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
    You think anyone would have beat a prime Roy jones? Roy jones GOAT HANDS DOWN!!! End thread!
    So you think Roy ought to be on the list?

Comment

• Where's Broner on teh list

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
        Nice post Gold. Roy was the most overrated juicer of all time. I'd say even Floyd whips him. Talk about a cherry picker! Whew. He set the stage for the modern day business plan. Did he have some moves...of course. Fast as a bulge eyed cat. But, HOF doesn't mean ATG. And, ATG doesnt mean GOAT. No numbers, no GOAT.
        I think Robinson or Armstrong is the GOAT

Comment

• If we are simply going by the numbers on boxrec then Jimmy Wilde was 91-0-1 before losing to Tancy Lee.

I don't believe that Wilde was greater than Robinson or JCC but apparently number don't lie...

Comment

• Detonatay Wilder have a 100% KO Ratio.

He is >than Wlad

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie.

Comment

• I used to think Ezzard Charles was one of the greatest boxers of all time. But luckily this thread has enlightened me. He just doesn't have the numbers.

It doesn't matter that he beat a ****load of hall of famers from middleweight to heavyweight. It doesn't matter that he was the best light-heavyweight in the strongest ever era of light-heavies. It doesn't matter that he was forced to move up to heavyweight to finally get a title shot, where he managed to beat the great Joe Louis for the belt.

All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight. It doesn't matter that he lost to a pro of over 100 fights who had only just lost the middleweight world title. All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight, whereas JCC went 80+ fights without defeat.

In fact Ezzard Charles' career record is 93-25-1 with a KO percentage of less than 50%! So he clearly doesn't have the numbers to be in a poll for the GOAT.

How could I have been so stupid to rank him so highly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                I used to think Ezzard Charles was one of the greatest boxers of all time. But luckily this thread has enlightened me. He just doesn't have the numbers.

It doesn't matter that he beat a ****load of hall of famers from middleweight to heavyweight. It doesn't matter that he was the best light-heavyweight in the strongest ever era of light-heavies. It doesn't matter that he was forced to move up to heavyweight to finally get a title shot, where he managed to beat the great Joe Louis for the belt.

All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight. It doesn't matter that he lost to a pro of over 100 fights who had only just lost the middleweight world title. All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight, whereas JCC went 80+ fights without defeat.

In fact Ezzard Charles' career record is 93-25-1 with a KO percentage of less than 50%! So he clearly doesn't have the numbers to be in a poll for the GOAT.

How could I have been so stupid to rank him so highly?
                I hear your logic loud and clear. Perhaps Ezzerd was the greatest boxer to ever lace on gloves. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Surely, the same argument can be made for a host of ATGs. George Foreman for one.

The flaw in your logic is that it is subjective and opinions are always debatable. At the end of the day, statistics have to be the difference because they give a factual determination to a fighter's entire career. In this respect Ezzerd doesn't stand a chance with fighters such as Chavez, Robinson, Duran...etc... Number of World Titles, number of Title defenses, length of reign, unbeaten streaks....these are all indicators of true greatness throughout a career.

Comment

I hear your logic loud and clear. Perhaps Ezzerd was the greatest boxer to ever lace on gloves. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Surely, the same argument can be made for a host of ATGs. George Foreman for one.

The flaw in your logic is that it is subjective and opinions are always debatable. At the end of the day, statistics have to be the difference because they give a factual determination to a fighter's entire career. In this respect Ezzerd doesn't stand a chance with fighters such as Chavez, Robinson, Duran...etc... Number of World Titles, number of Title defenses, length of reign, unbeaten streaks....these are all indicators of true greatness throughout a career.
                  you can rant on and on about numbers, but GOAT status is decided by hard core boxing fans and not many agree with you (almost none who aren't Mexican). No way in hell the fighter considered to be the GOAT failed in his biggest test (Whitaker). I know the official scorecard says a draw, but once again every hardcore boxing fan knows Whitaker won, handily

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    you can rant on and on about numbers, but GOAT status is decided by hard core boxing fans and not many agree with you (almost none who aren't Mexican). No way in hell the fighter considered to be the GOAT failed in his biggest test (Whitaker). I know the official scorecard says a draw, but once again every hardcore boxing fan knows Whitaker won, handily
                    Well your opinion is just an opinion..and a crappy one at that. I love the statement that only the Mexicans agree with me. LOL Who are you, the great Kreskin? Have your racist crystal ball with you right now?

I think its ironic that you make this post, and yet the poll places Chavez above Ali. Stick that in your racist crystal ball and look into it deeply.

Comment

Well your opinion is just an opinion..and a crappy one at that. I love the statement that only the Mexicans agree with me. LOL Who are you, the great Kreskin? Have your racist crystal ball with you right now?

I think its ironic that you make this post, and yet the poll places Chavez above Ali. Stick that in your racist crystal ball and look into it deeply.
                      you mad? I got an idea, put this post in the boxing history section, you know the place, where long time boxing fans post, dare ya

Comment

Working...
                      X