Collapse
No announcement yet.

What an UGLY fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite enjoyed it some big shots landed in there. Wasn't a high skill level maybe because of the styles but it certainly wasn't dreadful.

Not FOTY like some people claim but a decent scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      That's what you call a FIGHT.

Great inside fighting. You need a fight like that every once in a while.

If you don't like it, don't watch.
      Holding and hitting last time I check it was against the rules lol. This is your example of a good inside fight? You must have really low expectations...

Comment

Well I know I enjoyed the fight!

But in saying that...neither would have a fukin chance against Mayweather!

Comment

I thought it was an entertaining fight. Guerrero was dirty but you have to push the envelope until the ref calls you on it. If the ref lets you hold behind the head then you do it until he tells you to stop. Berto was holding Guerrero's arm as well but that didn't stop Guerrero from working on the inside.

Comment

I have to agree but I think we got spoiled BIG TIME by Broner's performance last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
              Holding and hitting last time I check it was against the rules lol. This is your example of a good inside fight? You must have really low expectations...
              when they actually worked on the inside it was fine. nothing wrong with it.

It is against the rule but until the ref steps in to do something what do you want them to do?

Decent enough scrap for me. Provided some good entertainment.

Christ didn't realise there were such things as boxing snobs but looks like there is.

Guerrero said it was going to be a fight and that's exactly what he gave us.

Comment

Ugly and sloppy but exciting, reminded me a bit of Hopkins/Echols 2.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                  I have to agree but I think we got spoiled BIG TIME by Broner's performance last week.

No bro. It was 2 magnets fighting each other. I thought I was watching the ufc.

Comment

When you think to yourself, "wtf is this crap?", more than 10x, it was an ugly ugly fight. Ugly, ugly, ugly fight. Ugly. Pugly. Fugly. Pug fugly. Atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      That is on Berto for allow it, he allowed himself to get trapped on the ropes and allowed himself to get out-worked
                      Exactly. He was back peddling to the ropes without being forced. I guess all these people claiming Guerrero is some kind of dispicable cheat dont have a clue what it takes to become a champ. The way he fought made me a fan.

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      absolutely agree.

kellerman must have gotten a bonus from al haymon or somebody from hbo.

dude was hyping this fight as if its the second coming of hearns hagler.

it was ugly, foul filled, and amateurish featuring two gatekeepers.
                      Hagler/Hearns is the most celebrated **** fight of the century. Throw two big names in there and all of a sudden ragedy matches become boxings big fish story. The fights mirror in amateurish techniques so find a real excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X