Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Canelo after jail, is he lineal or RING champ at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    What is his record at 154 in the last 3 years and who has beaten in that time frame? So since June 3, 2009-June 4, 2012. What is his record at 154 and who has beaten in that time frame?

We can't be going at what people did yesteryear, 3 years is enough to still have a solid resume...And, he doesn't have one in that time frame. He is not even top 10 at 154 IMO.
    You're forgetting he had to break free of his manager in Russia or wherever he was at.

All I remember is Dzinziruk was begging for a fight with Williams when Williams only had 1 loss or was undefeated. Dzinziruk couldn't get the fights he wanted because of his management company, not because he wasn't deserving.

BTW, let's try to have a conversation without resorting to boxrec.

Comment

Instead of only winning a vacant ring title by the #1 vs #2 in a box-off or in some instance a #1 vs #3.

Now you can also win it if the #1 or #2 fight either #3, #4, or #5 guy in the division.

So the #2 can fight the #5 and win the vacant ring title.They change that rule cuz' they said they had too many vacant titles...But, I thought that was the point? To have a credible title, that you can only get by fighting the absolute best in the division.

Which I found funny that they don't want vacant titles. While I guess the P4P list integrity can't be hit therefor we need a vacant #1 until the 2 best fight. So to the them a mythical make believe list like P4P is more credible than their actual division titles.

So that's for me anyways, personally myself, when it comes to The Ring. There is a pre-Golden Boy era and a post-Golden Boy era.
      damn, that is ridiculous if true..." theres too many vacant titles therefore anyone from #1 to #5 can fight for ring title"...where the hell is the logic to that.. and how the fu ck does that solve the problem...jeez

Comment

Ok by the basic rules off become the real champion of the weight the number one guys had to beat the number two guy....Mayweather was not rated and defeated the number 1 one guy he takes his spot....Canelo is rated number 2 or at least 3 so if he beats him he is the recognized champ if the title is vacant right....screw the alphabets

Comment

he could win the ring belt but he wouldn't be a lineal champ.

canelo won his belt by beating Matthew Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            You're forgetting he had to break free of his manager in Russia or wherever he was at.

All I remember is Dzinziruk was begging for a fight with Williams when Williams only had 1 loss or was undefeated. Dzinziruk couldn't get the fights he wanted because of his management company, not because he wasn't deserving.

BTW, let's try to have a conversation without resorting to boxrec.
            No real need to look at boxrec, to know that in that time frame he only has fought just 1 time at 154 and against a none legit opponent. I mean you do follow his career right?

And, his management beef had been taken care of by the time he fought Martinez. So that excuse doesn't fly post Martinez, he had management problems around 08 early 09.

We don't know what he has left right now. Because, we have barely seen him. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt cuz' of what he did years ago. He needs to prove it today.

Comment

No real need to look at boxrec, to know that in that time frame he only has fought just 1 time at 154 and against a none legit opponent. I mean you do follow his career right?

And, his management beef had been taken care of by the time he fought Martinez. So that excuse doesn't fly post Martinez, he had management problems around 08 early 09.

We don't know what he has left right now. Because, we have barely seen him. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt cuz' of what he did years ago. He needs to prove it today.
              He only fought Martinez about a year ago. I don't know why he hasn't fought since, when he should, I agree. I think it's going to be hard for him to get a fight given his high risk low reward.

If you don't think beating Dzinziruk will prove anything, that's fine.

But you know as well as I do that if Dzinziruk and Canelo got in the ring, it's a damn good chance Canelo isn't leaving undefeated.

I'm calling Dzinziruk a good fighter based off what I've seen, if you don't think he's good then that's cool; unless you're going to tell me who I should think is solid and who I shouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                damn, that is ridiculous if true..." theres too many vacant titles therefore anyone from #1 to #5 can fight for ring title"...where the hell is the logic to that.. and how the fu ck does that solve the problem...jeez
                Oh it's true. And, there is no logic IMO.

Like I said,

there is a pre-Golden Boy era and a post-Golden Boy era when it comes to The Ring now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  He only fought Martinez about a year ago. I don't know why he hasn't fought since, when he should, I agree. I think it's going to be hard for him to get a fight given his high risk low reward.

If you don't think beating Dzinziruk will prove anything, that's fine.

But you know as well as I do that if Dzinziruk and Canelo got in the ring, it's a damn good chance Canelo isn't leaving undefeated.

I'm calling Dzinziruk a good fighter based off what I've seen, if you don't think he's good then that's cool; unless you're going to tell me who I should think is solid and who I shouldn't?
                  This is why I don't like having conversations with you. because, you really lack reading comprehension.

I'm not saying that Dzinziruk is good or not good. What I'm saying about Dzinziruk as of right now there is an UNKNOWN with him. because, it's been over 2 years since we saw him at 154 and that was against a below average opponent.

What I'm saying is that Dzinziruk isn't top 10 as of right now. Because, of that.

What I'm saying is that he isn't in the picture to declare a lineal champion. Molina, Kirkland, Lara, they are in the picture. Not dzinziruk because of his lack of activity and the unknown factor with him.

Could he very easily still have it and be a top JMW? Yes. But, just as easily he could be done in the top level. Because, he hasn't fought in a very long time against a true contender like opponent at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Ok by the basic rules off become the real champion of the weight the number one guys had to beat the number two guy....Mayweather was not rated and defeated the number 1 one guy he takes his spot....Canelo is rated number 2 or at least 3 so if he beats him he is the recognized champ if the title is vacant right....screw the alphabets
                    Ring champ...maybe, lineal champ...No.

Molina and Kirkland have better resumes at 154 than Canelo. Hell, Lara has probably put in more work at 154 than Canelo.

Really Molina and Kirkland should be ranked above Canelo.

Comment

This is why I don't like having conversations with you. because, you really lack reading comprehension.

I'm not saying that Dzinziruk is good or not good. What I'm saying about Dzinziruk as of right now there is an UNKNOWN with him. because, it's been over 2 years since we saw him at 154 and that was against a below average opponent.

What I'm saying is that Dzinziruk isn't top 10 as of right now. Because, of that.

What I'm saying is that he isn't in the picture to declare a lineal champion. Molina, Kirkland, Lara, they are in the picture. Not dzinziruk because of his lack of activity and the unknown factor with him.

Could he very easily still have it and be a top JMW? Yes. But, just as easily he could be done in the top level. Because, he hasn't fought in a very long time against a true contender like opponent at 154.

I hear what you're saying. He doesn't have a notable name on his record. I understand that.

My point in the argument is the highlighted.

If Dzinziruk beats someone worthy, which he's capable of doing and gets the fights he's been asking for for the last several years, by the time Mayweather beats Canelo, Lara or Kirkland, guess who will be waiting if he's consistently winning also? Dzinziruk.

Or do you think I was expecting Mayweather to defeat Lara, Kirkland, Canelo and Dzinziruk all within a year?

Comment

Working...
                      X