Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and I will add, if he was in there with a more offensive minded fighter, Donaire can make counter contact and close the show on them. This what happened to Darchinyan and Montiel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
      I mean i didnt see anything special about him yesterday, just the same old athleticness ala Berto. I dont think he would beat Juanma and sure as hell should be kept away from Gamboa IMO.
      Do you remember Tyson vs Smith? Sometimes an outstanding fighter can have a bad night. Not saying Nonito is great, but its not good to read too much into one fight.

Comment

• Again look at the size difference, it was supposed to be a blowout and an opponent to make him look good after a long layoff and in front on the new york audience, but instead its was a piss poor performance and he was booed throughout the fight.

Comment

Didnt you see the size difference? Donaire was a giant compared to this guy. and he was too scared to go to his body. I think maybe he is hiding some chin issues aswell.
          All that mattered was that he was 1 lb lighter on weigh in day. And for the body punching thing, it was obvious that Narvaez was countering with fast and accurate shots and Donaire was smart enough to realize that had he leaned down to attemt those shots, he was getting clipped. Allowing yourself to get touched for an oppritunity is way different than hanging your chin out for disaster. Narvaez definitely was no slouch.

Comment

i was actually laughing when i saw the difference in size, im being serious.
            so you was also laughing everytime you see the klitshkos fight?
            Last edited by brick wall; 10-23-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Again look at the size difference, it was supposed to be a blowout and an opponent to make him look good after a long layoff and in front on the new york audience, but instead its was a piss poor performance and he was booed throughout the fight.
              120-108 on all judges scorecard is not a blowout. Congratulations.

Comment

• That was 1 boring fight.....

Narvaez really didnt wanna fight after the 3rd round

It literally was Pac vs Clottey..... well.... Clottey was worse cos he was the 'bigger strong guy' turned into a shell by the smaller guy

Comment

• nobody looks good against narvaez...either you don't look good losing or you don't look good winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    so you was also laughing everytime you see the klitshkos fights?
                    ^^^ This^^^^

Comment

• his opponent was a smaller guy just trying to survive, its hard to look good in that situation

Comment

Working...
                      X