Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Latest Update:
    Sparred over 100 rounds with amateurs.
    Will start my AM career soon.

Hey y'all, Skittlez here. I'm a 2nd year college student and my mom is forcing me to get a part time job because she's sick of sending me 500 bucks a week as spending money.

Anyways, I see a lot of journeymen and like gatekeepers only box part time and is basically record padders. They still get paid like 500 bucks a pop.

I figure I can pretty much learn as I go and who knows maybe I can pick up a few belts by the time I enter Grad school.

I'm 6'1 and walk around at 200. I am going to cut down to like 154 if I can and fight in the JMW Division. I feel like with my freakish strength and endurance, I don't really need much boxing skills.

Anyways any advice?
    Tips?
    How far do you guys think I can go?
    ATG-Legend
    23.81%
    Hall of Fame
    0.00%
    Title Contenter
    0.00%
    Gatekeeper
    0.00%
    Journeymen
    16.67%
    KO Victim first fight.
    59.52%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 02-02-2013, 04:04 AM.

Go for it,dont ever let anyone tell you what you cant do

Comment

Have you ever even stepped inside a boxing gym before? Boxing ain't easy man.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
        Have you ever even stepped inside a boxing gym before? Boxing ain't easy man.
        1-Your picture is god damn disgusting and need to be changed now .I'm not even joking, I feel like reporting you for that shyt. It's offensive to
        Gays, Straights, Floyd Fans, AND Beiber fans. It also reeks of ****sexual rape messages.

2- Ya. I knocked the hell out of my friend the other week in a backyard contest. 3 rounds. Plus I'm not looking to be a champion right away.

I just wanna do this as a part time job.

Comment

I'm guessing you have no boxing experience judging from your opening post. Unless you're championship material, boxing isn't a good career. You'll be beater material for youngsters who show promise.

Boxing is built on the back of journeymen.

Comment

Do they really pay you $500 a fight?

Comment

Bad idea. Maybe get a job at Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                I'm guessing you have no boxing experience judging from your opening post. Unless you're championship material, boxing isn't a good career. You'll be beater material for youngsters who show promise.

Boxing is built on the back of journeymen.
                ya but I'm only 2nd year student 20 years old. I mean didn't George Foreman start at 20? What about that other dude.. what's his name. Sergio Martinez.

Sexy Sergio did and look at him now. I'm bigger than Sergio was, I'm stronger, and I'm faster.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Do they really pay you $500 a fight?
                  Ya.. I'm dead serious. They do. 100 bucks to start it, than it goes up to 500 bucks for a solid bum... That's how these journeymen earn their food

Think about it this is BANK. I mean say I just get 100 bucks. Which was the lowest offer I got, I can fight 10 times as a PART TIME STUDENT AND CASH OUT AT 1K. PER WEEK.

I'll just fight like on Sunday nights
                  Last edited by Skittlez; 12-18-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Why are you asking people here who most likely never had a fight and only talk **** online...DO IT!!! if you have the desire and are only 20 get off of your ass find a gym and start your journey..no 1 can tell you how to live your life......unless you are just trolling for attention...do it

Comment

Working...
                    X