Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Back in Training, Not Ready For Pro Ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Back in Training, Not Ready For Pro Ranks

Olympic super-heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua returned to training with Team GB as he begins his journey towards defending his crown in 2016.

The gold medalist shot to fame at London 2012 to become the hottest property in British boxing. He has so far resisted the lure of the professional ranks and insists he is focused on the Rio Games in four years' time.

Joshua took the first steps along the long road to Brazil by joining up with his amateur colleagues at their English Institute of Sport base in Sheffield and despite the persistent speculation over his future, the 6ft 6in Londoner is happy to keep his headguard and vest.

"The situation is that Anthony is back in the gym with GB Boxing today," his manager
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good call, at least until the Commonwealth Games.

Frank Warren won't be pleased, mind.

Comment

No way will he go to Rio in my opinion. I reckon he will try and become World champion and then turn pro.

Comment

Yup, get some good training "champ". Maybe you will ACTUALLY win a fight next time without being given a gift decision.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          No way will he go to Rio in my opinion. I reckon he will try and become World champion and then turn pro.
          I seem to remember rumours after the games that super-heavy is being discontinued to put more women's divisions in. Couldn't give you a source, but I remember whispers of that. And IMO the Commonwealth Games would be the best time for Joshua if he wants to wait, although personally I don't see why he isn't going pro right now, unless it's a money thing. The worlds are two years away, which for me is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
            I seem to remember rumours after the games that super-heavy is being discontinued to put more women's divisions in. Couldn't give you a source, but I remember whispers of that. And IMO the Commonwealth Games would be the best time for Joshua if he wants to wait, although personally I don't see why he isn't going pro right now, unless it's a money thing. The worlds are two years away, which for me is too long.
            Yeah I agree, find it quite strange he is not turning pro. I think his style is more suited to the pro's than the am's anyway.

Comment

He's not had that much amateur experience and has alot to learn, he will learn more by fighting highly skilled fighters in the amateurs than knocking out a load of bums in the pro ranks. Let the profile building bum bashing begin after he's improved in the amateurs.

Comment

what a moe. 22 is not young enough to wait 4 years. Memories won't buy you anything dude. Turn pro and fight 45 bums in a row like the rest of the frank warren fighters and be rich.

Comment

Working...
                X