No announcement yet.

anybody here watch dexter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    The whole 'love intrest' angle is just redundant and played out.

They've been rehasing it ever since Rita was introduced with virtually no success, IMO. I'm beginning to think that they're just doing it to appeal to chicks. Season 5 was the worst in that regard : Emotionally destroyed chick who was recently the victim of grueling and prolonged rape sessions seeks comfort by immediately jumping on the nearest d*ck.

It was cliched garbage that never happens in real life : Chicks who've been raped are sexually ****ed up for a very long time, if not forever.

This whole fling with Hannah is just a rehash of the Lila storyline from season 2, sans the killing.

Seasons 1, 2, and 4 were the best.
    I completely agree. I liked it better when Dexter was basically emotionless like he was in the first season. Now he keeps catching feelings for all of these chicks? I think you nailed it in suggesting that they are trying to appeal to chicks.

I still think it's better than most of the crap on TV so I wouldn't call it abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I completely agree. I liked it better when Dexter was basically emotionless like he was in the first season. Now he keeps catching feelings for all of these chicks? I think you nailed it in suggesting that they are trying to appeal to chicks.

I still think it's better than most of the crap on TV so I wouldn't call it abysmal.
      Looks like he just abandoned his "code" and repudiated the "dark passenger". It's all him he says, and killed Hannah's father even though he isn't a killer. And then said that he loves Hannah.

Saw the preview for next weeks episode. Looks like he will have to choose between Hannah and his sister, like he did between his brother and her in season 1. That and the black chick (whatever her name is) is closing in on him about the Bay butcher killings.

I'll give them props for putting so many different plots and twists into this season. I thought the Russian mobster storyline was gonna play out until the season finale, but that was just a warm up.

However, if he does solve it all again and if they are going to have more seasons - for reality purposes I would hope that Dexter moves his operations to a new city. Los Angeles perhaps? New Department, new co-workers, no more his sister. Either that, or he gets caught and is on the run, moving from state to state for every episode.

There is no way he can keep a low profile anymore being a lab geek in Miami after all this ****.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Why start watching it from season 6?

I ****ing hate Deb.

Comment

Meh, this show is getting weaker and weaker every week. They went ahead and killed off the one remaining vestige that kept the character compelling : The code.

Comment

I dropped Dexter about 3 episodes ago...

Comment

Why did he go "fuck" when he was about the kill the phantom arsonist and just leave the dude behind?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                I dropped Dexter about 3 episodes ago...
                I thought seasons 4-6 were weak, but this last season is amazing.

Comment

Heard is a good show..haven't watched one episode

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                    Heard is a good show..haven't watched one episode
                    I was like you... Then I finally sat down and watched the first episode, then the entire first season on Netflix in just a day or two.

And seasons 2-6 in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Last season sucked. There's a few things I don't like about this one but IMO it's a good one.

Dex needs to quit catching feelings. Quinn's been fuckin' up too.

Hannah's so cute.

Comment

Working...
                      X